59 replies to this topic

#1 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

I'll be making a helles as the first beer in a run of light lagers. I was supposed to have two starters going for a yeast split but last weeks brew ended up with me breaking my 5L flask, so I was stuck with only one starter. stopped by the brew shop to get some 34/70 as a replacement and got another 5L flask. 

What's on your agenda?

#2 johnpreuss

johnpreuss

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • LocationWay Up North Minnesota

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:05 PM

I might pull out an IPA, or I'll wimp out and make an APA.  I have to see how my weekend goes.

#3 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53998 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

Possibly kegging my Two Women clone and a Czech Lager and also possibly making my second kolsch. Kolsch 1 was made with Cologne Malt and Santiam hops and was made 2 weeks ago. Kolsch 2 is going to be more authentic (pilsner, wheat, carafoam and Spalt hops) and will still use the 2565 yeast. I also painted up some new tap handles this week for 4 beers that are coming up & I didn't have handles for. Enjoy your beer activities Beerheads!

#4 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16632 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

Bière de Mars with WY3725 and Strisselspalt is my plan. Saison with 670 and Santiam and an IPA are on deck.

#5 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:37 PM

I'll be making a helles as the first beer in a run of light lagers. I was supposed to have two starters going for a yeast split but last weeks brew ended up with me breaking my 5L flask, so I was stuck with only one starter. stopped by the brew shop to get some 34/70 as a replacement and got another 5L flask. 

What's on your agenda?

I've been getting the itch to dust off the brewery equipment lately.  Been about 20 months since I've made any beer - since the new mini-me arrived.  I actually have an extract kit that I bought a couple of days before his birth.  A hefeweizen kit.  I'm assuming 2 years is a little long on dry yeast and non-frozen vaccuum sealed hops?  Lol

I might try and squeeze it in this weekend some time.  Head up to the supply store on Saturday after my oldest's baseball game and plan on an evening brew.   :scratch:

#6 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

I've been getting the itch to dust off the brewery equipment lately.  Been about 20 months since I've made any beer - since the new mini-me arrived.  I actually have an extract kit that I bought a couple of days before his birth.  A hefeweizen kit.  I'm assuming 2 years is a little long on dry yeast and non-frozen vaccuum sealed hops?  Lol

I might try and squeeze it in this weekend some time.  Head up to the supply store on Saturday after my oldest's baseball game and plan on an evening brew.   :scratch:

DO EEETTTT!!!!!!!

#7 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:40 PM

DO EEETTTT!!!!!!!

Don't dare me fool.  DON'T DARE ME!!  :D

#8 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

No brewing.  Making a STL run.  Hitting breweries tomorrow and Schlafly Saturday.  Get to try some WA State beers.  Should be fun.

https://schlafly.com...12/repeal-2014/

#9 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

No brewing. Wife and I are hosting Austria with our foodie friends for country night. Making Jagerschnitzel, Emmentaler Spaetzle casserole, Austrian Potato Salad, Red Cabbage and Lipptaur Spread.

#10 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16632 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

No brewing. Wife and I are hosting Austria with our foodie friends for country night. Making Jagerschnitzel, Emmentaler Spaetzle casserole, Austrian Potato Salad, Red Cabbage and Lipptaur Spread.

Your timing is off Ken's working on his Vienna lager right now. He coulda sent you some. Not that they drink it in Vienna.

#11 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53998 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

Your timing is off Ken's working on his Vienna lager right now. He coulda sent you some. Not that they drink it in Vienna.

That's for sure. No Vienna in Vienna. Believe me, I looked.

#12 Mashman

Mashman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGunnison CO

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:45 PM

Brewing a Cali Common. It will go on an existing yeast cake of WL810. I'm going to bitter with Willamette and use Crystal at 10 and KO. It won't be a traditional CC, but I'm sure it will be tasty.

#13 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:39 AM

I wanted to put something together for this event but no time.  No Vienna in Vienna hmm.....

#14 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53998 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:58 AM

I wanted to put something together for this event but no time.  No Vienna in Vienna hmm.....

Find a good bottle shop in your area and buy some Stiegl. Seems to be the largest beer in Austria. I found a nice beer in Vienna called Ottakringer (never saw it here in the US) that had a couple of styles and it was well made. Hell, the last time I bought Stiegl Goldbrau it was in tall cans at one of my local grocery stores.

Edited by KenLenard, 11 April 2014 - 06:59 AM.

#15 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:36 AM

No brewing here, just cellar work. 

#16 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64053 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:42 AM

I'm going to give the session IPA...ooops, 'hoppy pale ale'...another shot.  I needs me some hop juice!

Edited by JKor, 11 April 2014 - 08:42 AM.

#17 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

I'm going to give the session IPA...ooops, 'hoppy pale ale'...another shot.  I needs me some hop juice!

Any thought on your recipe.  I tweaked one of mine again for this same reason.  Around 3.5% now

#18 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

Brewed my first Belgian Pale Ale last night.  90% Pils, 5% Munich, 5% 60L....EKG's & Saaz...3522 Ardennes.  It's cranking away at 69 deg.

Have 1056 on the stir plate for a Blonde Ale for a Saturday brew.  Going on Noble's on this one.  I'm thinking EKG's and Tett...maybe some Sterling in the finish.

Cheers! 

#19 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53998 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

Beautiful day here (approaching 70° and sunny) and I just measured out and milled my grains for this Kolsch. Filtered my water and getting things set for what looks like a late-afternoon-into-early evening brewday.

#20 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

Find a good bottle shop in your area and buy some Stiegl. Seems to be the largest beer in Austria. I found a nice beer in Vienna called Ottakringer (never saw it here in the US) that had a couple of styles and it was well made. Hell, the last time I bought Stiegl Goldbrau it was in tall cans at one of my local grocery stores.

Thanks Ken, I'll look for it tomorrow.  I do have a rather fantastic Saison that I bottled a few weeks ago.  Not to Austrian style of course... But there will be good beer on hand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users