#21 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9731 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:34 AM

Split my BDSA; adding 2 scraped and chopped vanilla beans and 8 ounces of seared dried tart cherries to 2 gallons. Deglazed the pan with a little George Dickel Rye. Keeping 3 gallons pure & un-####ed with :)...

Newsletter - Subscribed.

#22 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:40 AM

I'm cranking out an IPA on the Zymatic tomorrow and later this week I'll do a tripel which will have cascadecandisyrup's Thai ginger syrup added to it.  Next week I'll brew a batch of the base porter from BVIP and use some cocoa nib syrup in that.

#23 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:49 AM

Newsletter - Subscribed.

Huh?

I'm cranking out an IPA on the Zymatic tomorrow and later this week I'll do a tripel which will have cascadecandisyrup's Thai ginger syrup added to it.  Next week I'll brew a batch of the base porter from BVIP and use some cocoa nib syrup in that.

As mentioned, I'm curious to see what flavor remains post fermentation. Have you already tried any of Cascade's offerings D?

#24 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:32 AM

As mentioned, I'm curious to see what flavor remains post fermentation. Have you already tried any of Cascade's offerings D?

I wonder how they are compared to cansyrup, inc's (D-90 and such)

#25 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:56 AM

Cascade has some truly unique offerings. But their recommended additions seem to contradict what we have learned about adding flavors during the fermentation process and resulting loss of flavor. Still very interesting site. Thai Ginger Tripel for example :)

#26 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:07 PM

Have tried them plain, but not in a beer.  I plan on adding as primary ferm dies down. Just got wifi extended out to my garage so I can brew in my "normal" environment this time.

#27 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16637 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:36 PM

Just got wifi extended out to my garage so I can brew in my "normal" environment this time.

Did the zymatic people set you up with that?

#28 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:07 PM

Did the zymatic people set you up with that?

Nope, i did it myself...$50 from Costco for an Amped wifi extender.  Dead easy to set up, works great.  I've been wanting to get wifi to the brewery for some time anyway.

#29 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9731 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:25 AM

Huh?

It is an internet meme that has been shortened and altered (adulterated even) around here. The original saying is "I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter".  It is from an episode of The Simpsons back in the 90s, and, especially around here, it is a meant as high complement and praise usually for something that is a good idea or sounds really awesome/unique/delicious, etc,

#30 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:54 AM

Thanks Chef, that's very kind and I will keep you posted!!! Feeling the love :)

#31 Iraq Lobstah

Iraq Lobstah

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43064 posts
  • LocationCamarillo, CA

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:28 AM

No brewing for at least 1-2 more weeks... Just ordered $300 of shite from morebeer.com.. Replacing hoses, upgrading from the plastic qd's too the stainless ones, revamping the chiller... My control for the HLT/ HERMS temps appears to have shit the bed as well.... Good thing I just got my bonus check.... My system is made from welded steel, and was spray painted black... Considering having it powder coated... Any comments?

#32 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:36 PM

No brewing for at least 1-2 more weeks... Just ordered $300 of shite from morebeer.com.. Replacing hoses, upgrading from the plastic qd's too the stainless ones, revamping the chiller...My control for the HLT/ HERMS temps appears to have shit the bed as well.... Good thing I just got my bonus check.... My system is made from welded steel, and was spray painted black... Considering having it powder coated... Any comments?

Before I went electric I had decided if I built a metal stand I would have it powder coated.  I think that is the way to go.

What is your HLT/HERMS controller?

#33 Iraq Lobstah

Iraq Lobstah

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43064 posts
  • LocationCamarillo, CA

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:16 PM

Johnson PID...I won the system at a club raffle a few years back, well built, but I want powder coat... The paint has some rust going on.... I need to contact a local powder coat shop... Most run black on Saturdays....

Edited by Creeper, 06 March 2015 - 05:17 PM.

#34 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9731 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:37 PM

I have a piece of advice for you guys:

Don't decide on Thursday to "get back to the gym" when your body has scarce recollection of what the gym looks like and then on Friday do a double brew day brewing 20 gallons.  Wow I am tired and sore.

Anyhow, I brewed 20 gallons of Flanders Red that is going into a barrel over at gnef's house. He and I and another guy are doing a 60 gal solara barrel of Flanders together.  It will be fun........when the pain ends.

#35 Iraq Lobstah

Iraq Lobstah

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43064 posts
  • LocationCamarillo, CA

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:15 PM

Damn, my morebeer shipment showed this afternoon.... I just ordered it Thursday afternoon.... Well done USPS!!!

#36 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:04 PM

Unexpected 5g batch of Chinook/Citra APA today.

#37 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16637 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:03 AM

Unexpected 5g batch of Chinook/Citra APA today.

:frank:

No brewing but got my lacto starter going last night for a Berliner Weiss next weekend.

#38 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:12 AM

Towards the end of the mash of 10gal Black IPA now. About to crack grains for brew #2.

#39 friedlbug

friedlbug

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNot too far from Pittsburgh

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:12 PM

I'm mashing what will be a lightly-hopped (Perle) blonde ale now. It's my first AG batch in years. I'm thinking about adding something to this one in the secondary, but haven't decided what yet.

#40 Iraq Lobstah

Iraq Lobstah

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43064 posts
  • LocationCamarillo, CA

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:47 PM

Tomorrow in the AM... Grain is crushed, fernentors cleaned/sanitized... Yeast is yeasty.... I feel like a kid on XMAS eve.... Except I bought an FPT fitting, and I need an MPT fitting for the new water filter :stabby: so I'll be at HD before they open to correct my mistake.. Then it's 12gs of Grisette

Edited by Creeper, 14 March 2015 - 07:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users