#1 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63979 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:41 PM

I was just doing my yearly search for Negra Modelo clones and came across this thread on HBT.  Check out post #5.  You've been endorsed by Revvy, King of HBT.  :D

Seriously, though, you're quite the asset to the brewing community.  I'm really glad you're a member here.  I swear, if you keep it up your name is going to be used in hushed tones in the brewing community.  The amount of work you've put into perfecting your recipes is amazing.  You play the humble role pretty well, but you have your brewing locked down better than 99.9% of the other brewers out there.

I'm referring to you as KenLegend from now on.

:cheers:

#2 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:57 PM

I was just doing my yearly search for Negra Modelo clones and came across this thread on HBT.  Check out post #5.  You've been endorsed by Revvy, King of HBT.  :D

Seriously, though, you're quite the asset to the brewing community.  I'm really glad you're a member here.  I swear, if you keep it up your name is going to be used in hushed tones in the brewing community.  The amount of work you've put into perfecting your recipes is amazing.  You play the humble role pretty well, but you have your brewing locked down better than 99.9% of the other brewers out there.

Every family has one of those.

:devil:

Had too....  I agree though.  It's nice to have someone around that makes the styles Ken brews.  Great resource when you want to brew those.  

#3 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63979 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:01 PM

I'm sure you're very familiar with that role, DJ.  ;)

#4 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:19 AM

JKOR: I appreciate that. I don't "play humble" as much as I just am humble when it comes to brewing. I have been schooled and humbled by this hobby many times and will always be a student of it. I can't tell you how many times I have seen that someone has linked to my site and even translated some of the stuff into other languages. The content on my site desperately needs updating too but I don't have the time for it at the moment. Cheers Beerheads!

#5 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:43 AM

Ken makes fantastic beer. I know this for a fact.

#6 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16489 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:27 AM

You can be my water boy anytime!   :frank:

#7 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:34 AM

You can be my water boy anytime!   :frank:

I was out with some beerheads at a local brewpub last week and these guys are good brewers. I hadn't seen them in awhile so I was talking with them about some of the water & pH stuff I have been looking at lately. Our fun get-together turned into a water and pH geekfest for better or worse. The next day, one of the guys (who is a great brewer and has won the Sam Adams Longshot comp.... and is on this board as DarkMagneto) emailed me saying that all he could think about afterwards was water and pH. I'm passing on my knack of inspiring some brewing-related nightmares and sleepless nights! :D

#8 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:48 AM

I was out with some beerheads at a local brewpub last week and these guys are good brewers. I hadn't seen them in awhile so I was talking with them about some of the water & pH stuff I have been looking at lately. Our fun get-together turned into a water and pH geekfest for better or worse. The next day, one of the guys (who is a great brewer and has won the Sam Adams Longshot comp.... and is on this board as DarkMagneto) emailed me saying that all he could think about afterwards was water and pH. I'm passing on my knack of inspiring some brewing-related nightmares and sleepless nights! :D

Damn, I did not know that.  Nice!

#9 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16523 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:52 AM

Damn, I did not know that.  Nice!

Yeah seriously. A blewbie won that? Congrats, and details please!

#10 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16489 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:11 AM

Yea, well done.

#11 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63979 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:18 AM

JKOR: I appreciate that. I don't "play humble" as much as I just am humble when it comes to brewing. I have been schooled and humbled by this hobby many times and will always be a student of it. I can't tell you how many times I have seen that someone has linked to my site and even translated some of the stuff into other languages. The content on my site desperately needs updating too but I don't have the time for it at the moment. Cheers Beerheads!

Just what I would expect KenLegend to say... ;)

#12 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:19 AM

making the beers ken tends to like would humble most of us regularly.  they are tough styles to really nail.

#13 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:42 AM

I believe he won it with his Kolsch. He's not on the board very much but he's one of the closest (geographically speaking) brewers to me and he makes very good beer.

#14 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9090 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:17 AM

I've found that that and $2 will get you a cup of coffee...

#15 ChicagoWaterGuy

ChicagoWaterGuy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3234 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:07 AM

I believe he won it with his Kolsch. He's not on the board very much but he's one of the closest (geographically speaking) brewers to me and he makes very good beer.

I wonder who that is. I thought the only winners from the area were Rondey (twice), Joe and Caesar(who recently opened his own brewery)

#16 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63979 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:11 AM

I've found that that and $2 will get you a cup of coffee...

Not any kind of decent coffee, but the pride is priceless.  :D

#17 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:15 AM

Denny, has anyone offered to fly you out somewhere and speak yet?

#18 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:21 AM

I wonder who that is. I thought the only winners from the area were Rondey (twice), Joe and Caesar(who recently opened his own brewery)

Is there such a thing as a "regional winner"? This was a few years ago and I know he won it but if it was regional and then all the regionals did a national, I'm not sure I would know all of that. I did send my bud an email to clarify so we'll see.

#19 ChicagoWaterGuy

ChicagoWaterGuy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3234 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:40 AM

Is there such a thing as a "regional winner"? This was a few years ago and I know he won it but if it was regional and then all the regionals did a national, I'm not sure I would know all of that. I did send my bud an email to clarify so we'll see.

It's been a while since I've judged longshot. FWIR, The 3 top beers from each region get sent to Boston Beer. They pick the overall top three and send them to GABF where they announce the winner.

#20 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:17 PM

It's been a while since I've judged longshot. FWIR, The 3 top beers from each region get sent to Boston Beer. They pick the overall top three and send them to GABF where they announce the winner.

Hmm, so maybe my bud was one of the three regional winners? I need to find the thread on our local board and see if I can clarify this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users