#1 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

I put over 26gals in fermenters yesterday, stock was running low. 10gal of stout, 10gal of cream ale, 5gal of oatmeal chocolate peanut butter porter and a 1gal batch of mystery beer. Mystery beer dubbed XX1 was 1.5gal of final runnings from both 10gal batches for a total of 3gal. Boiled down to 1.25gal with a pound of amber candy sugar added. Should be interesting.Posted Image

#2 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:33 AM

Dayum! This makes me realize I am slacking.

#3 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:36 AM

AWESOME!!!  :cheers:

not much here.  started dry hopping my second 5 gallons of pliny yesterday.

my brother had some drez pale ale (recipe, I brewed it ;) ) and had a hopgasm of some sort.  I felt uncomfortable but we are brothers so I let it slide.

just worked out the final recipe for my up coming saison while my daughter is taking her nap.

also transplanted some hop rhizomes from my well established hop bed to a new hop bed (expanding around the deck).  also put in about 27 eye hooks, some fairly high off the ground.  my son made sure I knew I was  high in the air and suggested to look down so that I'd know.  thanks a lot <_<

#4 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:17 PM

dry hopped the coppertail beer and put it in the fridge for crashing.

#5 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64053 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:26 PM

Dang.  Triple batchin' it!

:cheers:

#6 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53972 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:55 AM

I think I have had ONE brewday where I made 2 five-gallon batches. Never did more than that in a day. I brewed a Czech Lager last weekend and I also kicked my keg of helles on Friday night so I have 2 kegs to fill (one with Bordertown Dark Lager and not sure on the other one yet) and I was also going to hit the LHBS yesterday for more pilsner malt but ran out of time. My brewing has been sparse lately but I made a bunch of beer in late 2014 and early 2015 so I still have 6 beers in secondary, 4 full kegs in the on-deck fridge and a couple of beers in primary. Cheers.

#7 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:01 AM

I once did 10 gallons followed by 5 gallons.  I've also done two 10 gallons in one weekend.  that is really really rare though.

#8 ChicagoWaterGuy

ChicagoWaterGuy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3234 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:13 AM

My club once did two 70 gallon batches back to back. 10 AM start, 3 AM finish. It was not pretty.

#9 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:43 AM

A couple weeks ago I brewed a batch of Rye IPA using my cooler.  Yesterday I brewed the same thing with the Zymatic as a comparison.

#10 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:12 AM

A couple weeks ago I brewed a batch of Rye IPA using my cooler.  Yesterday I brewed the same thing with the Zymatic as a comparison.

since the zymatic is so hands off I'm surprised you didn't do them at the same time.

#11 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:36 AM

since the zymatic is so hands off I'm surprised you didn't do them at the same time.

Yeah, but the cooler is so hands on that I wouldn't want to do that.  Also, don't have the space to use them both at the same time and I wanted the first batch to finish so I could use the yeast for the second.  But the Zymatic is hands off enough that when I was brewing yesterday I got some writing done, made focaccia and pasta, cleaned the house and kegged beer.

#12 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16516 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:06 AM

Im getting ready to throw down some beers for MFJ. I will also be testing my new Ebrewery on 20g back to back batches for the first time.

#13 Jdtirado

Jdtirado

Comptroller of Betties & Crocs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2162 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:52 AM

I hate you guys!

#14 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:31 PM

I hate you guys!

Step 1 - Retire

Step 2 - Brew more

Step 3 - ?

Step 4- drink

Step 5- Profit!

#15 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:29 PM

Next Mon., I'm stopping in Pasadena on the way to Brazil.  I'll be brewing a New England Clam Chowder saison with Drew Beechum and John Palmer.  I'll try to get some pics posted!

#16 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:31 PM

Next Mon., I'm stopping in Pasadena on the way to Brazil.  I'll be brewing a New England Clam Chowder saison with Drew Beechum and John Palmer.  I'll try to get some pics posted!

ken just threw up all over his keyboard.

but really?  what goes into that?  I've had a beer with oyster or something like that in it.  not particularly enjoyable.  tasted like beer followed by seawater.

#17 Jdtirado

Jdtirado

Comptroller of Betties & Crocs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2162 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:47 PM

Ok I officially hate you too

#18 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:03 PM

ken just threw up all over his keyboard.

but really?  what goes into that?  I've had a beer with oyster or something like that in it.  not particularly enjoyable.  tasted like beer followed by seawater.

Well, it started as a joke...for our next book, we sent out questionnaires to a lot of homebrewers.  People were slow on responding, so I threatened that Drew would unleash a Manhattan clam chowder on the world if they didn't reply.  He took umbrage, saying that as a native of Boston he'd never do that...it would be a New England clam chowder saison.  I've gotta remember that he takes stuff like that as a challenge!  So, the recipe will use clam juice (a bit), flaked potatoes, appropriate herbs and spices...we'll serve it at NHC if anyone here is going.  But seriously, I'm worried....;)

Ok I officially hate you too

No, ya don't....just think ahead to YOUR retirement!

#19 Iraq Lobstah

Iraq Lobstah

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43062 posts
  • LocationCamarillo, CA

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:13 PM

Well, it started as a joke...for our next book, we sent out questionnaires to a lot of homebrewers. People were slow on responding, so I threatened that Drew would unleash a Manhattan clam chowder on the world if they didn't reply. He took umbrage, saying that as a native of Boston he'd never do that...it would be a New England clam chowder saison. I've gotta remember that he takes stuff like that as a challenge! So, the recipe will use clam juice (a bit), flaked potatoes, appropriate herbs and spices...we'll serve it at NHC if anyone here is going. But seriously, I'm worried....;)No, ya don't....just think ahead to YOUR retirement!

I've known Drew for over 11 years(since I became a Falcon) he's always up for a challenge... Hmm I thought he was from Florida, and went to MIT?

#20 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10650 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:17 PM

Wednesday is brewday, which calls for 5.5 gallons of my Amarillo/Citra Stock Ale/IIPA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users