33 replies to this topic

#21 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18066 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:22 PM

Seeing as how I don't anticipate carbonating at 60 PSI, no, something else.

I meant that your gauge in the picture went that high.  20 PSI seems enough for me.

You may also want to take add a gas disconnect instead of a liquid out but that is just me.

#22 itownmike

itownmike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Locationeast of BFB both places,north of Ken,south of Neddles and west of Michi gami

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:23 PM

Looks like its on an out post

#23 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:26 PM

Looks like its on an out post

well done!  I'm thinking that's it.

#24 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18066 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:39 PM

well done!  I'm thinking that's it.

Er .. um .. Had you by 4 minutes ..

I meant that your gauge in the picture went that high.  20 PSI seems enough for me.

You may also want to take add a gas disconnect instead of a liquid out but that is just me.

#25 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:45 PM

[color=#ff0000;]You may also want to take add a gas disconnect instead of a liquid out but that is just me.[/color]

Posted Image

#26 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

Er .. um .. Had you by 4 minutes ..

well not me - whoever that other guys is :lol:

I just didn't notice that in your post.  it was tl/dr :D

#27 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18066 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:54 PM

well not me - whoever that other guys is :lol:

I just didn't notice that in your post.  it was tl/dr :D

I am hurt :crybaby:

#28 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:00 PM

I am hurt :crybaby:

You shouldn't be... it would have fit on Twitter!  

#29 haeffnkr

haeffnkr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSt Peters MO

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

what was getting in there?  I've never found fermentation to leave any residue on surfaces provided the krausen didn't come into contact with the item in question.

I never found anything in the assembly but my beers had this lacto/acto cidery wang infection that I could not track down.

My local microbrewery also confirmed that you can get an infection from a dirty blow off tube, without the beer touching it, which I thought was crazy... but hey he should know more than me.

On their big conicals they clean the blow off tube assembly/pipe with chemicals and sanitize it before each brew. 

I have also have gotten infections from a dirty CO2 line in my kegerator-frige, all be it my fault that some beer backed up in the line, but now I anal about bleeding off kegs before I put on the gas to keep the gas from the kegs  from backing up in the lines, etc.(hope that made sense...) 

I have also read that others have had this issue and some guys, like me replace all CO2 lines every 6 months just to be sure to eliminate this point of infections. ( along with sanitizing the connectors/manifold/etc) 

Again 

Your Malt May Vary... have fun with the valves.

Kevin

#30 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:23 PM

I've built two of those exact setups (one for ball lock, the other for pin lock), but I only use them for keg-keg transfers when I want to move a keg with clear beer, and I know there is stuff on the bottom.

The markings are not accurate at all, nor are they precise from my limited use, but the assemblies work well enough for my keg-keg transfers.

Also, I do like gadgets, even if I don't use them all that often (I just built two direct keg sampling/serving setups using perlick 650ss faucets).

#31 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:30 AM

My local microbrewery also confirmed that you can get an infection from a dirty blow off tube, without the beer touching it, which I thought was crazy... but hey he should know more than me.

Never make that assumption.

#32 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:55 AM

I never found anything in the assembly but my beers had this lacto/acto cidery wang infection that I could not track down.

On their big conicals they clean the blow off tube assembly/pipe with chemicals and sanitize it before each brew. 

I have also have gotten infections from a dirty CO2 line in my kegerator-frige, all be it my fault that some beer backed up in the line, but now I anal about bleeding off kegs before I put on the gas to keep the gas from the kegs  from backing up in the lines, etc.(hope that made sense...) 

I have also read that others have had this issue and some guys, like me replace all CO2 lines every 6 months just to be sure to eliminate this point of infections. ( along with sanitizing the connectors/manifold/etc) 

Again 

Your Malt May Vary... have fun with the valves.

Kevin

I don't have a spunding valve but it seems like a fun idea for carbing the beer as it ferments.

#33 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:57 AM

Never make that assumption.

+1 big time.  just b/c someone works at a brew pub or microbrewery or whatever doesn't mean they really know their shit.  there are a few people around here I'd readily trust before most pros.  also kai is someone whose opinion/views I take fairly seriously.  I need to see proof that someone has really done their homework.  just being a "pro" doesn't mean you've done that.

#34 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:17 AM

+1 big time.  just b/c someone works at a brew pub or microbrewery or whatever doesn't mean they really know their shit.  there are a few people around here I'd readily trust before most pros.  also kai is someone whose opinion/views I take fairly seriously.  I need to see proof that someone has really done their homework.  just being a "pro" doesn't mean you've done that.

Which is why I refer to them as "commercial brewers".  "Pro" implies a skill level that may or may not be there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users