#41 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16517 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 13 June 2015 - 04:53 PM

Sure does look like a M60. Never seen one. Any way you could see if a standard thread o2 reg like off a oxy/acytlne setup would fit?

#42 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:48 PM

Sure does look like a M60. Never seen one. Any way you could see if a standard thread o2 reg like off a oxy/acytlne setup would fit?

Oh I know for sure it would fit. But I think the med reg is going to work really well for the lower flow needed with our application.

#43 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:11 PM

Oh I know for sure it would fit. But I think the med reg is going to work really well for the lower flow needed with our application.

I have a medical flow type regulator on my non-medical O2 tank.  works great.

#44 stlinch

stlinch

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:15 PM

I do not think they will.  Just from some personal experience I have had.  Most of the times they will not risk it and a prescription will be required.

See if you have a dive shop that does "tec" diving. They something will fill these.

#45 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:39 PM

Looks like a similar set up to the one rebel brewing sells, airhog 2000 or something like that, except their tank is just one color.

#46 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16517 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:44 PM

I also use a medical reg. But a oxy setup flows low enough for our application as well. So the M60 can actually be filled or traded at a welding shop with no prescription worries since it has a standard valve. Which I do find very interesting. Been around medical o2 tanks for over 20years and never come across one.

Edited by BlKtRe, 13 June 2015 - 08:45 PM.

#47 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28446 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:37 AM

So those of you with medical oxygen tanks, how do you get them filled?

A welding shop filled mine when I brought it in along with a CO2 tank and told them I was a brewer.  That was quite a few years ago since it lasts a long time...

#48 haeffnkr

haeffnkr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSt Peters MO

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:53 AM

matt6150, on 11 Jun 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:Posted Image

So those of you with medical oxygen tanks, how do you get them filled?

I have a CeeKay Welding shop near me and they swap out the tanks just like CO2 tanks.

Yes, green medical oxygen style "E" tanks... no prescription.

thanks Kevin

#49 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:52 AM

Well the local welding shop here will not fill it or swap it, won't even touch that thing. It's like I brought in a nuke to that place. So I think I'm going to de-label the thing and paint it and send a buddy back in there to try again.

#50 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:06 PM

Well the local welding shop here will not fill it or swap it, won't even touch that thing. It's like I brought in a nuke to that place. So I think I'm going to de-label the thing and paint it and send a buddy back in there to try again.

is the label just that sticker?  does the color even matter?  mine is that same green color but it's the whole tank.

#51 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:17 AM

is the label just that sticker? does the color even matter? mine is that same green color but it's the whole tank.

Besides the main sticker you see in the pic. There are some others stating the manufacturer, and the medical equipment store it came from. The main sticker clearly states to not be filled without a RX. I'm not sure about the paint job. But most every medical tank I have seen is that paint scheme with the green only at the top. Just a regular o2 tank is all green.

#52 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16517 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:29 AM

o2 tank is a o2 tank. Kinda like food grade co2. RX, FDA whatever. Scrape the sticker off and paint it green. 

#53 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:43 AM

o2 tank is a o2 tank. Kinda like food grade co2. RX, FDA whatever. Scrape the sticker off and paint it green.

Yep that's the plan.

#54 HERMSman

HERMSman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:27 PM

My Doc wrote me a prescription for O2, as long as I swore I would not use my insurance to fill it. He also got some beer for the favor. :frank:

#55 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:51 PM

My Doc wrote me a prescription for O2, as long as I swore I would not use my insurance to fill it. He also got some beer for the favor. :frank:

:lol:

he must really like beer.

#56 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:29 PM

Ok I de-labeled the tank and found a welding shop that filled it. I told him I just got it off craigslist as-is and my intended purposes. He looked at it a bit a said it was probably a medical tank being aluminum and the style of paint job but said he would fill it with regular industrial o2. I had to drop it off and go back and get it but it's a done deal. I used it this past Sunday. Only $8 for the fill.

#57 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

8 buck,Nice!

#58 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64053 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:06 PM

I have one i picked up a while back but have never got around to filling it. I don't even remember where i got it at this point. It has the Rx label on it. Might peel it off and see if i can get it swapped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users