#21 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:33 AM

We aren't expecting the homebrew to last very long.  Last time we kicked one keg in 55 minutes.  

I'm thinking while you are trying to store them before the event.

#22 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10717 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:12 AM

I happened to notice that a keg fit nicely in my 10 gallon igloo round cooler... that is until I put a thermometer in it to monitor mash temps better  :banghead:

#23 brewguy

brewguy

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4410 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:25 PM

Walmart sells a cheap trash can that will hold two kegs. I've used them a couple of times for tailgating, and they were cheap enough that I threw them out when I was done. They should keep everything cold for a day, but you need to drain and re-fill will ice if it is longer than a day.

#24 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:47 PM

I mentioned in another active thread that I'll be pouring two kegs for an upcoming neighborhood 4th of July party.  Since I'm need of a new homebrew DIY project...I've decided to make these!  I found these on the MoreBeer forum.

The only tweak being that I'm going to attach a tap right to the out post so I don't have to hook up beer line.

Posted Image

#25 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:57 PM

I'm thinking while you are trying to store them before the event.

You underestimate how cold like my hotel room!Seriously... first thing I do is crank the AC!  Yeah, I know it's not the same as a fridge, but it's not gonna be close to 70 degrees in that room I can tell you that!

#26 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:18 AM

I mentioned in another active thread that I'll be pouring two kegs for an upcoming neighborhood 4th of July party.  Since I'm need of a new homebrew DIY project...I've decided to make these!  I found these on the MoreBeer forum.

The only tweak being that I'm going to attach a tap right to the out post so I don't have to hook up beer line.

Posted Image

are those the original lids with a hole cut in them or something else?

#27 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:20 AM

are those the original lids with a hole cut in them or something else?

looks like something else to me.  The original seems to be hanging off the right side.  I would bet it is 1/2" foam insulation trimmed to fit.

#28 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:34 AM

looks like something else to me.  The original seems to be hanging off the right side.  I would bet it is 1/2" foam insulation trimmed to fit.

that's what I thought too but I wasn't sure.  that's a nice idea in that you wouldn't damage the cooler if you bought one of those taps that goes directly on the post.

#29 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:17 AM

that's what I thought too but I wasn't sure.  that's a nice idea in that you wouldn't damage the cooler if you bought one of those taps that goes directly on the post.

That's what I plan on doing.

I'm building this weekend and will post pics.

Edited by chadm75, 24 June 2015 - 11:17 AM.

#30 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16598 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:14 PM

Subscribed.

#31 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:36 PM

That's what I plan on doing.

DO IT!

#32 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:40 PM

Hosting parties is a lot of work so I wouldn't mind bringing kegs to people's houses for their parties.  How do you guys deal with cloudy beer due to transportation?

#33 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:45 PM

Hosting parties is a lot of work so I wouldn't mind bringing kegs to people's houses for their parties. How do you guys deal with cloudy beer due to transportation?

I keg clear beer. :)Honestly I've never had that much of a problem with much cloudiness. I don't do much keg hopping so I just go with it.

#34 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:49 PM

Hosting parties is a lot of work so I wouldn't mind bringing kegs to people's houses for their parties.  How do you guys deal with cloudy beer due to transportation?

I keg clear beer. :) 

Matt knows what is up!

#35 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:15 PM

I keg clear beer. :)Honestly I've never had that much of a problem with much cloudiness. I don't do much keg hopping so I just go with it.

Matt knows what is up!

even my non-dry hopped beers have yeast in suspension when they get kegged.  I cold crash the primary but I hate to leave it in the primary long enough to fully clear due to oxidation concerns.  this typically settles out within a couple of weeks but it is sitting at the bottom of the keg waiting to get stirred up.

#36 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68757 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:26 PM

even my non-dry hopped beers have yeast in suspension when they get kegged.  I cold crash the primary but I hate to leave it in the primary long enough to fully clear due to oxidation concerns.  this typically settles out within a couple of weeks but it is sitting at the bottom of the keg waiting to get stirred up.

There's always a bit in my kegs when  clean them, no matter how clear I thought it was.

#37 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:53 PM

There's always a bit in my kegs when  clean them, no matter how clear I thought it was.

+1

I could pour the clearest beer ever and for whatever reason there is usually a little sediment at the bottom of the keg.

Edited by chadm75, 24 June 2015 - 02:53 PM.

#38 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:45 PM

Brew a Hefeweisen... it's supposed to be cloudy.  :-)It's one of the reasons that is what I am taking.  Plus it goes down easy with the German crowd that is used to BMC.  

#39 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:33 PM

Brew a Hefeweisen... it's supposed to be cloudy.  :-)It's one of the reasons that is what I am taking.  Plus it goes down easy with the German crowd that is used to BMC.  

or just brew something crazy hoppy where people are used to it being cloudy ;)

#40 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:37 PM

or just brew something crazy hoppy where people are used to it being cloudy ;)

Huh? Crazy hoppy here is clear :) If I know I will move the keg I put the beer in a keg with a trimmed dip tube and then move it to a new keg before moving it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users