Photo
- - - - -

Pasta, peppers, onion, sausage & sauce...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53908 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:59 PM

I have no idea what this is called. My wife made this a couple of times and my daughter asked me to make it tonight so I just worked without a recipe.

Grill up some Italian sausage. Saute some green, red, orange, yellow peppers along with some onions. Make a pasta of your choice. Combine it all in a big pan/pot and add enough sauce to coat everything. A salad, some bread and you're good. Clearly there are some variables here and my guess is that many of you make something like this already. It's easy to make. A little parmesan on top and BOOM... it's dinner time.

2z40apu.jpg

My pasta happened to be Honey Comb cereal. :lol: I mean Fiori. :P

#2 Seagis

Seagis

Comptroller of Nothing Being Good Enough

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18673 posts
  • LocationThe city of Townsville

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:43 PM

I get that this is a good one-pot dish. Given what you posted, it sounds great.

If you want to step it up, though, try this:

2 lbs Roma tomatoes

1-2 red onions, depending on size

3-4 garlic cloves, depending on your own tastes

Kosher salt, to taste

Cracked black pepper, to taste

1/2 Tbsp ground oregano

1 Tsp Ground basil

2 Tbsp butter

1 Tbsp olive oil

Remove the tops from the tomatoes. Squeeze the liquid from them until there is nothing left but the meat itself and chop them into a small dice. Mince the onion and the garlic.

Heat your pan to medium-high heat. Once it has reached its proper temperature add the butter and the olive oil. When the butter has stopped foaming add the onions, garlic tomatoes, and reduce the heat to medium or lower. Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, until everything is frangrant. Add the basil and oregano and continue cooking for about 5-8 minutes. Reduce heat to low and let the mixture blend until the rest of the dish you posted above is complete. Add this to it and enjoy. :cheers:

#3 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:46 AM

I'll be right over!

#4 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53908 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:56 AM

I get that this is a good one-pot dish. Given what you posted, it sounds great.

If you want to step it up, though, try this:

2 lbs Roma tomatoes
1-2 red onions, depending on size
3-4 garlic cloves, depending on your own tastes
Kosher salt, to taste
Cracked black pepper, to taste
1/2 Tbsp ground oregano
1 Tsp Ground basil
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil

Remove the tops from the tomatoes. Squeeze the liquid from them until there is nothing left but the meat itself and chop them into a small dice. Mince the onion and the garlic.

Heat your pan to medium-high heat. Once it has reached its proper temperature add the butter and the olive oil. When the butter has stopped foaming add the onions, garlic tomatoes, and reduce the heat to medium or lower. Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, until everything is frangrant. Add the basil and oregano and continue cooking for about 5-8 minutes. Reduce heat to low and let the mixture blend until the rest of the dish you posted above is complete. Add this to it and enjoy. :cheers:

Sounds yum. Would read again! :lol: I will try that.

#5 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:37 AM

you pretty much can't go wrong with tomatoes, onions and garlic cooking in olive oil/butter.  I usually like to cook garlic on it's own a little bit in the oil before introducing liquid (via tomato).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users