No replies to this topic

#1 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54017 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:54 AM

It's been hawt as bawls here lately (everywhere, I assume) and last night my daughter and I were thinking of some sort of salad to make for dinner. I have probably had numerous influences from things you might see at a party, cookout, etc. I took some Romaine lettuce and chopped that up. I had a bunch of varieties of small tomatoes and cut those in half. A little chopped red onion. Then I threw in some rinsed black beans and some frozen corn that I just allowed to get to room temp. I also chopped up an avocado and threw that in the bowl too. I got a couple of good chicken breasts, marinated them in some chipotle seasoning and olive oil, threw them on the grill and then allowed them to cool. I chopped that up and threw that into the bowl too. I took one soft corn tortilla and cut it into little 1" strips and then I used a chipotle southwest dressing (I forget which one) and used a little of that and then mixed it all together. Throw it in the fridge and get it cold. I'm sure it could be a side, a main dish, a snack, etc. There is a little bit left which will be lunch today.

Ended up looking a little like this although this pic doesn't appear to have chicken (or avocado?) and the dressing I used was more on the pink side.

2l90bc9.jpg

Edited by Village Taphouse, 30 July 2015 - 06:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users