#1 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:59 AM

I got a chance to try some yesterday - Wow! For those who Hennepin or Saison for that matter should try and have a glass. Nice balance, healthy fruit and spice on the back end. Perfectly Saison cloudy and for 7%, highly quaffable. Calypso has been released and Triskel should be out very soon.

https://www.ommegang...opped-hennepin/

Now, to dig up and re-read Mr. Evil's Hennepin thread.

#2 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:06 AM

I got a chance to try some yesterday - Wow! For those who Hennepin or Saison for that matter should try and have a glass. Nice balance, healthy fruit and spice on the back end. Perfectly Saison cloudy and for 7%, highly quaffable. Calypso has been released and Triskel should be out very soon.

https://www.ommegang...opped-hennepin/

Now, to dig up and re-read Mr. Evil's Hennepin thread.

I wouldn't hesitate to remake that beer with different hops.  I would however recommend lowering the OG if you want to hit 7% and are using belle saison yeast b/c I ended up over 9%.  If you are using ommegang yeast I think that doesn't finish quite as dry.

#3 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:14 AM

I'm a big fan of the Belle and have a couple packets waiting some attention. I agree that 9 is little high on the drinkability scale for the "style.". I also like to experiment with non typical Saison hops from time to time. This beer like some others got my wheels spinning about hops, spices etc...

#4 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:23 AM

I'm a big fan of the Belle and have a couple packets waiting some attention. I agree that 9 is little high on the drinkability scale for the "style.". I also like to experiment with non typical Saison hops from time to time. This beer like some others got my wheels spinning about hops, spices etc...

actually the problem is that even at 9% it is super drinkable which leads to rapid intoxication :P

#5 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:28 AM

We should all have these problems :)

#6 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16612 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:29 AM

I had an actual Hennepin for the first time in a long time recently. That Hennepin recipe (as I made it) with 3726 was closer to the real thing than I realized. WY3726 is available right now too if you wanted to go that direction. Also regarding Triskel, there is this https://www.brews-br...son/?hl=triskel

#7 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:36 AM

Thanks for the link. That was one sexy Saison. This afternoon I'm going to grab some Hennepin, and some Anchor Saison. If you haven't tried theirs, it is also very good/interesting. Nowhere near the Hennepin. Also infused with various herbs including lemongrass.

#8 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16612 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:38 AM

Thanks for the link. That was one sexy Saison. This afternoon I'm going to grab some Hennepin, and some Anchor Saison. If you haven't tried theirs, it is also very good/interesting. Nowhere near the Hennepin. Also infused with various herbs including lemongrass.

Yes, I thought Triskel was very nice and complementary in that beer. I still have 2oz. of it in the freezer too. :scratch: 

I doubt I will find Anchor's Saison around here but I'll look, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users