3 replies to this topic

#1 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16630 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:48 AM

Going to have a go at this today. According to the Milk the funk wiki is a blend of a "couple different saison strains and a brett c." I made a saison with WLP670 American Farmhouse and despite the high mash temp, 7 months aging, brett all over the walls of the carboy and the constant slow activity in the airlock there is not really any funk to it at all, just a nice spicy saison character. Hopefully I will get more from this WY3031. Anyhow I tossed this yeast in with a recent order and it is very fresh. No starter will be made. I probably give a 2-3 months before tasting to how its coming along. Let me know what you think.

6 gallons

OG 1.054

SRM 3

IBU 25

70% Dingeman's Pils

15% MFB Vienna

15% Flaked Wheat

Mash at 158F

14g German Magnum @60 min

28g Citra @0 min

WY3031-PC

#2 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:28 AM

Looks great and I like your grain bill and use of Magnum up front. I can't comment on the yeast but I'm inspired with my next batch of Bell Saison, hitting it with a little Citra on the tail end.

Did you make this yesterday?

#3 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16630 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:57 AM

Looks great and I like your grain bill and use of Magnum up front. I can't comment on the yeast but I'm inspired with my next batch of Bell Saison, hitting it with a little Citra on the tail end.

Did you make this yesterday?

No it will go down tonight. Unless of course it doesn't. Brewing time has been a bit tough to come by of late. Keeps getting pushed back. Frustrating.

#4 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16630 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:46 AM

Just put this in secondary to sit awhile. It's quite dry and already has a nice fruity funk to it unlike the WLP670 Saison I made which still has essentially no funk after 7+ months. Tastes promising but I am sure it will change some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users