7 replies to this topic

#1 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 04:34 AM

I went to check on an APA last night and could not figure out why the temp was still at 65 when I had the heating blanket set to 70. Silly me forgot to up the fridge temp so the heating and cooling were fighting each other all day. Back to normal now.

#2 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:04 AM

well at least the beer will very likely be just fine.  your electric bill just took a small hit ;)

#3 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16523 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:04 AM

I have done the exact same thing with my swamp cooler. Set the STC to 70 when the aquarium heater is still at 65F. Fortunately in my case the basement floor is the refrigerator. Most importantly the beer will still be delicious.

#4 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:22 AM

well at least the beer will very likely be just fine.  your electric bill just took a small hit ;)

with the amount of electrical crap I have gong on it will not even be a blip ..lol

Smells good though, dryhopping tomorrow morning.

I have done the exact same thing with my swamp cooler. Set the STC to 70 when the aquarium heater is still at 65F. Fortunately in my case the basement floor is the refrigerator. Most importantly the beer will still be delicious.

Not sure why I even had the fridge on to be honest.  it is around 58 in my cellar right now, I just was not thinking.

#5 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63979 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:43 AM

My favorite is when I start chilling but forget to turn the burner off.  I've done that one quite a few times.  It's not obvious because the temp still drops pretty fast until you get down to like 100F, then it starts going really slow.  It's usually a good 10 minutes before i realize it.

#6 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:44 AM

My favorite is when I start chilling but forget to turn the burner off.  I've done that one quite a few times.  It's not obvious because the temp still drops pretty fast until you get down to like 100F, then it starts going really slow.  It's usually a good 10 minutes before i realize it.

Did that once with the electric set up.  I could not figure out for the life of me WTF was going on.

#7 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63979 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:47 AM

Did that once with the electric set up.  I could not figure out for the life of me WTF was going on.

Yeah, it's really not obvious with electric since it's virtually silent.

#8 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16523 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:56 AM

True stupid is the time I dumped the grains in my mash tun/kettle… before lining it with the BIAB bag. Doh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users