#1 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:10 AM

Fellas, I picked up my allotment of Goose's Bourbon County today, got 3 bottles. As usual I will hide one / add one to my others collected. Do you see an issue with NOT refrigerating the one I rat hole?

#2 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:14 AM

I have not sought out the particular beer in a long time but the ones I have and all my other beers are in my cellar.  The area they are in stays pretty cool so I do not worry about it.  If you can keep it in a cool place I would not bother with put it in teh fridge.

#3 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:22 AM

In the den with the wine it goes. $$ A/C typically at 75 F $$

Excited to try at least one. This batch clocks in at 14.7% which is pretty big to me.

Edited by Steppedonapoptop, 30 November 2015 - 11:23 AM.

#4 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:50 AM

In the den with the wine it goes. $$ A/C typically at 75 F $$

Excited to try at least one. This batch clocks in at 14.7% which is pretty big to me.

The beer is fine, it is the crazy limits, stores that make you buy x amount of other beer to get one bottle, the crazy beer fans that make me not want to bother.  I have some 2011 and 2013 or something like that in the cellar.  Hard to sit down and drink one alone though, I need to share these big beers!

#5 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:58 AM

I agree with everything you wrote. I called my local place the other day and my guy said he'd put two aside for me. Went there today and he handed me 3.

I called Total Wine last Tuesday and they told me to be at their store at 7am this past Friday, which was NOT going to happen. So for kicks I went in Saturday morning and they said they sold out in 4 hours.......

I won't chase it but it sorta came to me. Plus I'd rather not solicit the big box stores if I can help it.

#6 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:06 PM

At one time I would go to beer releases, go find the special release beers and it was all fun to me.  That seems like a lifetime ago!!

Enjoy the beer, did you just get the regular or were you able to get any of the special offerings?

#7 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:44 PM

I have never been a rare/specialbeer hound. I don't know why. I think that I don't care to go after the rare or popular beers. I'm more of a local hound. I like to drink local beer. Doesn't matter who makes it or what kind of beer it is. Everyone has a big RIS. At hunahpu day last year there were something like 40 breweries present and they ALL had a big RIS. I got sick of them and most really tasted very similar. My buddy at Rapp brewing was there and he brought his gose and some kolsch. Thank god because if I had to drink another RIS I was going to go off on a big time rant on camera. All the while I was filming for Top Beer so I had to be nice to the brewers. It's not that it takes a lot to impress me, if your beer is good, I'll be impressed. I've never had a beer from any brewery that I thought, "I have to have this beer all the time." So many breweries and so many similar beers, but so many great beers available. That's probably the main thing right there. Lots of high quality beer to be had.

#8 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:48 PM

At one time I would go to beer releases, go find the special release beers and it was all fun to me.  That seems like a lifetime ago!!

Enjoy the beer, did you just get the regular or were you able to get any of the special offerings?

Just the regular and that's fine for me.

#9 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:51 PM

I have never been a rare/specialbeer hound. I don't know why. I think that I don't care to go after the rare or popular beers. I'm more of a local hound. I like to drink local beer. Doesn't matter who makes it or what kind of beer it is. Everyone has a big RIS. At hunahpu day last year there were something like 40 breweries present and they ALL had a big RIS. I got sick of them and most really tasted very similar. My buddy at Rapp brewing was there and he brought his gose and some kolsch. Thank god because if I had to drink another RIS I was going to go off on a big time rant on camera. All the while I was filming for Top Beer so I had to be nice to the brewers. It's not that it takes a lot to impress me, if your beer is good, I'll be impressed. I've never had a beer from any brewery that I thought, "I have to have this beer all the time." So many breweries and so many similar beers, but so many great beers available. That's probably the main thing right there. Lots of high quality beer to be had.

Yes in spades. I got turned off from the big gatherings at the Hunaphu. The best beer I had there was when I met you Rich. I enjoyed all your club had to offer as well as the other clubs. Spend almost no time at the big tents.... I still like to grab a couple Bourbon county's each year if it's an easy grab.

#10 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:52 PM

Just the regular and that's fine for me.

My favorite was the first year they had vanilla.  That beer was exceptional and aged very well, much better than the first coffee version. IMO

#11 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:56 PM

Yes in spades. I got turned off from the big gatherings at the Hunaphu. The best beer I had there was when I met you Rich. I enjoyed all your club had to offer as well as the other clubs. Spend almost no time at the big tents.... I still like to grab a couple Bourbon county's each year if it's an easy grab.

That's just it, if it's an easy grab then I'll get something. 

#12 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:19 PM

I happened to be in Total Wine on Friday at about noon. I was really getting some bourbon but asked if they had any bourbon county left. Sure enough he handed me 2 bottles. Already drank one and it was delicious! They also had a keg of the barleywine on from 2014 so I got a 32oz growler of that, haven't cracked it yet.

#13 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49859 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:18 PM

A buddy just dropped me off one for free! The package is slick. I'll put it in the cellar. I guess my brother got a case of it today too...

#14 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 06:16 AM

Yes, the package is pretty slick. I put two in the fridge and one on the shelf. I was going to try one last night but at 14.7 I didn't want to wake up with a 20 pound head. Not hangover like just that sluggo feeling.

#15 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9730 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:16 AM

That is one of my favorite beers in the whole wide world.  Too bad I cannot get it here though (yet).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users