#1 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:01 AM

Fellas, anyone used the 12.0 AA Pacific Jade hops? I Like what I've read about the piney and citrusy aspect and am thinking about using them in a batch tomorrow.

If you did use them, did you pair them up??

#2 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10544 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:29 AM

I've used them a few times and like them a lot. I posted a recipe awhile back here.

#3 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:43 AM

Thanks Matt, looks good. Do you think Jade can stand by itself? I'm thinking about 1/2 oz at 60 and then plenty toward and at finish. ~ 35'ish IBU

#4 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10544 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:12 PM

I've always wanted to give it a go. I don't see why not. Overall I think they are a very smooth hop.

#5 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:38 PM

Thanks man, just checked this. I've got my sh!t weighed out now. I sorta followed your lead and went with .5 Jade at 60, .5 Jade at 10, ounce each Jade and Citra at both 5 min and zero. Perhaps a dry hop.... However I'm not a hop monster so I hope to be ok.
Cheers Brother

#6 porter

porter

Comptroller of Affairs with Potatoes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18998 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:33 PM

I got an 8 oz. package on a whim and didn't care for them. The supposed pepper note really comes through to me, and there's something else going on I just don't like. I'll be using mine for bittering. But tastes are certainly individual. 

#7 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:18 AM

Well, my pale ale is strumming along around 60 F and being an airlock sniffer, I'm getting huge amounts of citrus and spice. The combo was a healthy blend of Jade and Citra. It appears the Red-X played a very small part in the overall color. The color of the wort coming out of the tun can only be described as Tang breakfast drink but with the iridescence of radiator fluid...... Let's hope that's not the overall taste hahahaha :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users