#21 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68748 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:02 PM

I think you have pinpointed the areas that will help quite a bit.

#22 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:52 PM

New 10gallon SS pot is here for my HLT. Was only a few$more than aluminum. Weldless fittings are on the way. Have a buddy that can drill the hole for me.

Put on new o things and tightened up the fitting on the BK, but it still leaves a lot. Pickup tube must be losing suction at some point. I recall that it used to work like a champ once upon a time. Not sure how i want to tackle that part.

#23 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68748 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:06 PM

New 10gallon SS pot is here for my HLT. Was only a few$more than aluminum. Weldless fittings are on the way. Have a buddy that can drill the hole for me.

Put on new o things and tightened up the fitting on the BK, but it still leaves a lot. Pickup tube must be losing suction at some point. I recall that it used to work like a champ once upon a time. Not sure how i want to tackle that part.

refit the teflon tape on the inside fitting?

#24 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:01 AM

Ok... I haven't tackled the pickup tube yet, but before I try to redo the tube, I'm going to experiment (with water of course) to see if raising the kettle another 10 inches will help.  I realized that it is not as high as it used to be relative to the pump back when I was in California.  If that doesn't work, then the question is this... can I use cpvc in the bottom of my kettle, or do I need to redo with copper?  My sweating and soldering skills just suck. But if I have to, I have to.  It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

I did get the ball valve installed on the new 10 gallon SS pot for my HLT.  I'm pretty excited about that.

I also got the hole drilled for the valve on my Vittle Vault fermenter.  Did a water test on it last night and it is great.  the pickup tube that was installed picks up a great amount of fluid. Should work great.  

#25 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:10 AM

Ok... I haven't tackled the pickup tube yet, but before I try to redo the tube, I'm going to experiment (with water of course) to see if raising the kettle another 10 inches will help.  I realized that it is not as high as it used to be relative to the pump back when I was in California.  If that doesn't work, then the question is this... can I use cpvc in the bottom of my kettle, or do I need to redo with copper?  My sweating and soldering skills just suck. But if I have to, I have to.  It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

I did get the ball valve installed on the new 10 gallon SS pot for my HLT.  I'm pretty excited about that.

I also got the hole drilled for the valve on my Vittle Vault fermenter.  Did a water test on it last night and it is great.  the pickup tube that was installed picks up a great amount of fluid. Should work great.  

if this is a HLT you can go with CPVC.  Also,  you could use copper and just friction fit it or "tack" solder it.  You want it to leak, heck you make slices in it, so you do not need to solder it 100%.

#26 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:18 AM

The copper one is for the BK.  I was planning on using cpvc in the HLT... but sometimes that gets up to boiling.  Will that be a problem?

I think the copper one in the BK may have a leak in it somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users