#21 Steve Urquell

Steve Urquell

Hot Loader

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3874 posts
  • LocationOzarks

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:33 PM

99% of the guys there are great. Most of them just post as anyone else does (Here's a picture of my OKTOBERFEST!). I have not deleted my account but I don't post anything over there anymore and some of the guys I just Messenger with back and forth because we get along without all the nonsense. There are a few guys over there who want to belittle whatever you say no matter what it is. I posted the pics of the wainscoting I put up in my bar and even that drew some negative comments. Sheesh.

I can see that place cannibalizing itself. I don't think you could get your ankles wet in the gene pool of ideas over there at this point. Anyone posting about brewing is being directed to the LODO paper and anyone not brewing LODO is brewing dumpers in their opinion so I see no reason for them to even continue talking to non-LODO brewers.

#22 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:33 PM

WHAT???!!!

No glycol jacket?

What were they thinking?

Dang, guess I'll have to TIG my own up.

:D

Let's see, my old Blichman can take 6 pounds.

If I re-inforce it a bit...

:scratch:

#23 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49850 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:39 AM

Honestly, I would absolutely love a glycol system for home brewing. I could see myself with a 1 bbl system with a jacketed brite. That would be sick! My current dimicile wouldn't allow for it space wise, same with my wallet unfortunately. It would be really cool tho

#24 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:38 PM

... I posted the pics of the wainscoting I put up in my bar and even that drew some negative comments. Sheesh.

OK, for the woodworkers over here, please post the photos. I want to see this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users