Me, too. Always.

#63 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53907 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:57 AM

Well the good news is that the Saphir character has faded a little bit but there is still a dry hop character so this beer is improving. I had a few glasses of it last night. I think that my position has stayed the same though: Use more late hops and just screw the dry-hopping (maybe I would do an Amarillo-Citra dry hop since I always seem to get such great character with them). I really hate mucking around in the finished beer anyway plus dry hopping always adds some haze. I was as pleased as I could be with ANY beer with a few of these APAs I made with 4-5 ounces of hops in the last 15 minutes so I'll probably be doing more of that and less DHing. Cheers kids!

#64 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:10 AM

Well the good news is that the Saphir character has faded a little bit but there is still a dry hop character so this beer is improving. I had a few glasses of it last night. I think that my position has stayed the same though: Use more late hops and just screw the dry-hopping (maybe I would do an Amarillo-Citra dry hop since I always seem to get such great character with them). I really hate mucking around in the finished beer anyway plus dry hopping always adds some haze. I was as pleased as I could be with ANY beer with a few of these APAs I made with 4-5 ounces of hops in the last 15 minutes so I'll probably be doing more of that and less DHing. Cheers kids!

never-mind...

Edited by drez77, 26 August 2016 - 08:10 AM.

#65 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16607 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:12 AM

...just screw the dry-hopping...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!

#66 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:42 AM

don't give into fear ken.  fear leads to hate.  hate leads to less hoppy beers.

#67 Brauer

Brauer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts
  • Location1 mile north of Boston

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:45 PM

never-mind...

'chuckle'

#68 porter

porter

Comptroller of Affairs with Potatoes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19045 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:06 PM

Me, too. Always.

I've never gotten very good results dry hopping at cellar/basement temps. I'd get vegetal flavors, albeit not always detectable by others. Dry hopping in the keg in the fridge, though, works nicely. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users