#21 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68757 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:53 PM

Maybe just bump up the sulfate a bit? and cut down the Chloride a tad?

#22 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16628 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:10 PM

Maybe just bump up the sulfate a bit? and cut down the Chloride a tad?

With sulfate I feel like I get more of a hop flavor bite than a sharper bitterness .  However I really like how all the flavors come across as it is now. It just needs a little more bitter backbone for my tastes. Hope that makes sense.

#23 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68757 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:59 PM

With sulfate I feel like I get more of a hop flavor bite than a sharper bitterness . However I really like how all the flavors come across as it is now. It just needs a little more bitter backbone for my tastes. Hope that makes sense.

gotcha

#24 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16628 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:20 PM

I should add too (and this will be no surprise to most of you here) that this was my first run with 34/70. I would use this yeast again anytime, no question. I sprinkled 2 packets on the wort, one of which was expired, and the results speak for themselves.

#25 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68757 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:51 PM

I should add too (and this will be no surprise to most of you here) that this was my first run with 34/70. I would use this yeast again anytime, no question. I sprinkled 2 packets on the wort, one of which was expired, and the results speak for themselves.

its forgiving with temps too

#26 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16628 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:50 PM

Damn condensation, robbing us from seeing the clarity… I'll see if I can get a better pic soon.Jvb9TXFh.jpg

Edited by neddles, 28 September 2016 - 05:51 PM.

#27 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:17 PM

I think the bottom indicates the clarity... Looks nice!

#28 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10650 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:52 PM

Damn condensation, robbing us from seeing the clarity… I'll see if I can get a better pic soon.Jvb9TXFh.jpg

Looks like a beer I'd demolish.  :frank:

#29 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:31 AM

Well, that is a thing of beauty. What are your interpretations of Aramis at this point? I still have an Aramis Saison on deck but I also have (1) packet of 34/70 and could absolutely follow your lead.

#30 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16628 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:59 AM

Well, that is a thing of beauty. What are your interpretations of Aramis at this point? I still have an Aramis Saison on deck but I also have (1) packet of 34/70 and could absolutely follow your lead.

Aramis is a very nice hop. I get lots of sweet floral flavors up front but with a little more citrus and fruit in the background than I was expecting. Not punchy or catty at all. Not really spicy either and no herbal or tea like flavors as I saw in some descriptions. Anyone looking for a something new or different for a hop don't hesitate to give Aramis a go. It's really nice. Could easily see it in a saison, even (if not especially) as a dry hop. 

Give it a try.

Edited by neddles, 29 September 2016 - 06:59 AM.

#31 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:04 AM

Thanks, yes I recall. Was wondering if anything evolved. Def on the fence now about making your beer instead of the 3711 Aramis.

#32 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16628 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:15 PM

Not sure which direction you went poptop but I am really liking this beer. It's very flavorful and easy to drink. Having sat a little longer I would now say this is only slightly under-bittered from what I would call my ideal. Maybe add 5 IBU next time.

rKvSIlxh.jpg

#33 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:23 AM

That is one very sexy beer. I'm going to get another couple packs of 34/70 set this batch to be 3rd in line. This weekend I'm hoping to knock out a 1214 BDSA and a 3711 Aramis Saison. Both based on needing to use those yeasts. Then onto your recipe for certain.

#34 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:07 AM

neddles baby, I'm doing something along your lines this weekend, thanks for the inspiration. German Pale Malt, a pinch of Vienna and Wheat, all Aramis and WLP029.

#35 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16628 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:39 AM

poptop baby, that sounds tasty and I don't mean maybe. 

Pop back in here when you get around to tasting it. Curious to see how you like it. I really enjoy this Aramis.

#36 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:26 AM

poptop baby, that sounds tasty and I don't mean maybe. 

Pop back in here when you get around to tasting it. Curious to see how you like it. I really enjoy this Aramis.

Will do. Switching things around. No. 74, Aramis Kolsch'ish Ale. No. 75 BDSA. Hoping to do both this weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users