#1 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:56 PM

Anyone seen this? It's a digital taplist using a Raspberry Pi. Seeing as I had one laying around and a old monitor I put it all together. Pretty neat program. There are a few things that could make it better but for a free download it's cool. The part I like the most is that it has a keg inventory feature. You can enter all of your kegs and keep track of them by noting if they are dirty or need parts or what beer is in them, etc. You can then build a beer log and tap kegs to add to the taplist. It will save all beers you enter so if you brew the same beer again all the info is already logged. I got everything up and running just need to figure out a good way to mount it. I wouldn't mind a bigger screen someday but this will work fine for now. https://raspberrypints.com
IMG_20161203_165911991_zpsvhdypmdd.jpg

#2 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16600 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:33 PM

That's very cool. Looks like a digital tap board I saw at a bar in Chicago. Really like the feature telling you how full/empty the keg is, even more so at a bar. 

Also, how did the jewel hops work together? Cool idea. Is that Topaz, Opal and Jade?

BTW the monitor is waaaay to small. Never going to work. You probably need to upgrade the TV in the house and dedicate the old one to the brewery.

#3 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53884 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:37 PM

These things always seem cool to me and I am generally a tinkerer but I do this type of stuff all day for work (software design and development) that I just don't want to do it in my downtime. I agree it does seem cool.

#4 Mike Green

Mike Green

Frequent Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3671 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:53 PM

https://www.homebrew...ad.php?t=487694

#5 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:55 AM

That's very cool. Looks like a digital tap board I saw at a bar in Chicago. Really like the feature telling you how full/empty the keg is, even more so at a bar.

Also, how did the jewel hops work together? Cool idea. Is that Topaz, Opal and Jade?

BTW the monitor is waaaay to small. Never going to work. You probably need to upgrade the TV in the house and dedicate the old one to the brewery.

It was actually Topaz, Gem and Jade. I should have used Opal I suppose. But it turned out really good! It is getting a little old at this point but still drinking really nice.

I don't have flow meters installed at this point, maybe never. It would probably be about $300 to do that with the flow meters and everything else.

Oh and I don't think I could hang my 53" TV from the house on the wall!

#6 Mike Green

Mike Green

Frequent Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3671 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:23 PM

DayTripper over at HBT added a motion sensor so the screen comes on and music plays when you walk up to the bar.

#7 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64047 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:10 PM

Oh and I don't think I could hang my 53" TV from the house on the wall!

The question isn't 'will it fit?', it's 'how will you make it happen?'

DayTripper over at HBT added a motion sensor so the screen comes on and music plays when you walk up to the bar.

For most of us the song would be George Throroughgood, I Drink Alone.

#8 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:06 AM

I am looking into this and really want the flow meter option .. then I looked  at the price  :crazy:

#9 Mike Green

Mike Green

Frequent Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3671 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:59 PM

I am looking into this and really want the flow meter option .. then I looked  at the price  :crazy:

Did you read the thread over at HBT? I think some of the guys are using cheap ebay flow meters. 

#10 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:55 AM

I know right. I will be holding off on that right now.

#11 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:28 PM

I had a New Galarus Raspberry Tart the other night. Paired it with a brownie and it was one of the best thing I ever tasted in my life. 

#12 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:10 AM

Got a free Pi3 coming and plan to use it to make one of these for the cellar.

#13 Mike Green

Mike Green

Frequent Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3671 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:34 AM

There's a hack to add a button to keep a track of keg volume for those that don't want to use the flowmeters. Every time you pull a pint you hit a button.

Got a free Pi3 coming and plan to use it to make one of these for the cellar.

RPints will run off the cheap $5 buck zero and the new $10 buck zero w

#14 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:31 AM

There's a hack to add a button to keep a track of keg volume for those that don't want to use the flowmeters. Every time you pull a pint you hit a button.

RPints will run off the cheap $5 buck zero and the new $10 buck zero w

Interesting .. I did not know that.  Maybe I will look at one of them and save the Pi3 for some other projects.

#15 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

So I have made a few tweeks to the display and also got a 32" TV(free from a co-woker) that I mounted in a wooden box I made. This is where I'm at currently.

IMG_20171006_165445786_HDR.jpg

#16 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16600 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:30 PM

That is awesome.

#17 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:47 AM

These things always seem cool to me and I am generally a tinkerer but I do this type of stuff all day for work (software design and development) that I just don't want to do it in my downtime. I agree it does seem cool.

I agree. While I love working on technology, In the brewery, I'm much more hands on. that's kind of the charm for me. Though, my wife did get me a first gen Raspberry Pi when it was released, so it might actually make a nice computer for in the garage. then again, no wifi, so kind of meh. Like I said, I'll tinker, but not that hard haha.

#18 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64047 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:53 AM

That is awesome.

This.  That is badass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users