24 replies to this topic

#21 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:06 PM

Water is filtered and grains are measured out for a brewday tomorrow that looks like this...

2rxywxh.jpg

I'm going to use this S-04 one more time on this beer. Balanced water profile, mash at 150° for 60 minutes. The American 2-row is split up because it's 5 lbs of Rahr Pale Ale malt and 2 pounds of this Patagonia Extra Pale that I have left. I'm hoping it's got a bit of color and depth and nice clarity since this S-04 seems to drop like a rock. Supposed to be 48° and sunny tomorrow and I've certainly brewed in worse conditions. Cheers Beerheads.

Brewday went smoothly. The color of the wort was what I was hoping to get... a sort of dark, burnished gold as opposed to a super pale color. The color of this beer has some depth. I'm also hoping that the S-04 with its crazy floccing ability will produce a nice clear beer as well. I know I've posted this pic before but this is what I'm shooting for...

2ptorya.jpg

#22 Hines

Hines

Comptroller of Emus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:33 PM

That sounds really good!

Spent grain bread is rising in the kitchen now...

#23 armagh

armagh

Grumpy Frost Giant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6705 posts
  • LocationBandit Country

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:56 PM

Allergies kicked my ass this morning (yellow dust season in the South) so I did not make the second installment of a barley wine as intended.  Good news is, off tomorrow and am shooting for a rare Monday brew day.

#24 LeftyMPfrmDE

LeftyMPfrmDE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:44 PM

I squeezed in a brew session early Monday morning. Just a English Mild with a little bit of flaked oats for body. Hit my OG on the nose: 1.042. Been kicking out a lot of low gravity beers as of late, that will soon change. If i play my cards right, there is a liberty ale knock off ive been planning to make, open fermentation and all.

#25 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16522 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:51 PM

First beer in quite a while. IPA. Wow do I have some hops to brew with... a whole series of hoppy beers coming if I can get the time. Starts here.

6 gallons

81% 2-row
15% Red Wheat
4% Caravienne
Mash 148F/30 and 162F/30

Apollo @30
20g each Simcoe/Centennial/Amarillo @0
40g each Simcoe/Centennial/Amarillo dry hop
15g Bravo dry hop

WY1450

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users