denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:23 AM

httpss://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast/episode-38-gluten-free-tanning

Stand back everyone and hold our beer - we're going for a shorter show today! (Suspect Denny might need a temporary break from editing or something)

We do the feedback circuit, including a visit to the Correctional Department of Corrections, and then hit the pub for our recollections of Session Beer Day, some of our favorite April Fool's pranks from brewers (including one that wasn't actually a prank) and the upcoming Big Brew

In the lab, we finally have our results in from our BrewTan B experiment that we started last year. What do the guys make of the results and we talk with Joe Formanek of Anjinomoto about what they mean.

Then in the Lounge we actually visit a question that came in from a listener about her challenges making truly gluten free beer. Since neither of us are gluten free experts, we rope in an actual expert - James Neumeister of Portland's Ground Breaker Brewery, a gluten free brewery.

Finally we tackle questions we can answer. Drop a quick tip on ya and explore one reason Drew would have something positive to say about the New York Yankees. (No, hell has not frozen over and yes, it involves dogs.)

#2 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53902 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:27 PM

Interesting. It seems like quite a few people see a difference while some see no difference. As I mentioned, I might even see a difference from one batch to the next so it seems very subjective. Thanks for posting that and... WHOO! I made the show again! :D

Ps. I plan to keep using it now that Chils has gifted me his supply of BTB.

#3 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:46 PM

FWIW, talks are underway to get Brewtan into the US homebrew supply chain.  Hopefully something will be solidified by the end of the week.  I love putting your comments on the show...you do a good job of expressing things.  And while few of the results were statistically significant, the comments we got we to the effect of "I'm never brewing without it again!".  Drew is working on a full writeup which we hope to have posted on Fri.

#4 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:52 PM

FWIW, talks are underway to get Brewtan into the US homebrew supply chain.  Hopefully something will be solidified by the end of the week.

That is good news.

#5 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:57 PM

I have not tired my two beers lately.  I will have to see if there are any differences after 4 months.

#6 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:59 PM

so announcement of the igor experiment but no results yet.  am I understanding that right?

#7 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

I have not tired my two beers lately.  I will have to see if there are any differences after 4 months.

PLEASE let me know!

so announcement of the igor experiment but no results yet.  am I understanding that right?

The results are in the podcast.  The experiment was announced several months ago.

#8 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

cool - hopefully I'll have a chance to give it a listen tomorrow.

#9 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53902 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:42 PM

FWIW, talks are underway to get Brewtan into the US homebrew supply chain.  Hopefully something will be solidified by the end of the week.  I love putting your comments on the show...you do a good job of expressing things.  And while few of the results were statistically significant, the comments we got we to the effect of "I'm never brewing without it again!".  Drew is working on a full writeup which we hope to have posted on Fri.

One thing that I have wondered (and possibly asked Joe F. with no answer) is whether or not BTB might benefit some and not others based on water, process, etc. It might explain why some people see a difference and some do not. I would love to know what Joe says about that because I'm not sure that I have ever seen a situation in homebrewing that divided people as much as this product does. There are fans and skeptics. There are those who continue to use it and those who will happily send their BTB to others because they don't think it does anything (Thanks Chils!).

Cheers to all.

#10 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:49 PM

Try another email to him...he said on the podcast that he's ready to answer questions.

I think one reason we saw mixed results is that a couple people didn't use it correctly.  But that's a WAG.

#11 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:33 PM

Try another email to him...he said on the podcast that he's ready to answer questions.

I think one reason we saw mixed results is that a couple people didn't use it correctly. But that's a WAG.

He responded to me e-mail about Brewtan and my no-boil beer in a couple hours.

#12 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53902 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:48 PM

Okay, thanks. I just sent him another email. My guess is that he was flooded with emails when his address was first published. Cheers peeps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users