#21 shaggaroo

shaggaroo

Comptroller of Hot Flashes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NY

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:34 PM

What if I do a faux Pils? All Pilsner malt and I usually use about 4 oz of sauermalt because my water needs it. Hopped to about 30 IBU with Mosaic and Citra, probably more Mosaic than Citra and use the US-05?

#22 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10650 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

What if I do a faux Pils? All Pilsner malt and I usually use about 4 oz of sauermalt because my water needs it. Hopped to about 30 IBU with Mosaic and Citra, probably more Mosaic than Citra and use the US-05?

I'd drink that. 

#23 shaggaroo

shaggaroo

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:56 PM

I'd drink that. 

OK, sounds like a plan!

#24 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:26 PM

Faux or not sounds good. Truthfully, that sounds like a nice apa to me,skip the pils name.

#25 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:59 AM

Faux or not sounds good. Truthfully, that sounds like a nice apa to me,skip the pils name.

agreed.  I don't normally think of mosaic and citra being pils hops.  but you can call it whatever you want :P

in the case of making lagers I have to say that using 34/70 at warmer temps has made it accessible to pretty much anyone even if they don't have a ferm chamber.

#26 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:50 AM

That's actually more of a blond ale than a faux pils.

#27 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68757 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:03 PM

agreed, I'd do about 1.055 including the sour malt, and do about a half pound of a light crystal , should make a very summery beer

#28 shaggaroo

shaggaroo

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:51 PM

agreed, I'd do about 1.055 including the sour malt, and do about a half pound of a light crystal , should make a very summery beer

OK a blonde ale it is... I did not add any crystal though (saw this too late)... came in at an OG of 1.054... this was my first no sparge beer, bubbling away nicely. I used about 250 mL of a thick sludge of US-05. And "nice summery beer" is what I'm hoping for

#29 LeftyMPfrmDE

LeftyMPfrmDE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:52 PM

I did a double brew session last night; a lambic thats for a long term geuze project, and a english summer ale- taking naps when i felt tired. Woke up early, and had to reset my schedule to the night shift. The english ale got a nice, long mash: 4 hours. Guess i was tired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users