#1 shaggaroo

shaggaroo

Comptroller of Hot Flashes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1962 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NY

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:43 PM

Almost all of my kegs are Spartanburg ball-locks. I want to replace some of the posts, both gas and liquid. Anybody have a cheap source for keg posts?

#2 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:02 PM

does the spartanburg part matter?  just curious.

#3 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:33 PM

Almost all of my kegs are Spartanburg ball-locks. I want to replace some of the posts, both gas and liquid. Anybody have a cheap source for keg posts?

Why do you want to replace the posts?  Seems like they would last a long, long time.

#4 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:04 AM

Why do you want to replace the posts?  Seems like they would last a long, long time.

good point.  usually just the o-rings and poppets that need to be replaced.

#5 Steve Urquell

Steve Urquell

Hot Loader

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3874 posts
  • LocationOzarks

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:51 AM

I have a few that were dropped and the lip is smashed down. Got my parts from AIH.

#6 shaggaroo

shaggaroo

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1962 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:18 AM

true... but it seems I always fight with getting the connectors on and off... do I maybe just need to change out the o-rings and/or poppets?

#7 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:19 AM

I have a few that were dropped and the lip is smashed down. Got my parts from AIH.

I had a couple like that.  Seems no one place has them cheap.  I just looked at the usual vendors and picked one.

true... but it seems I always fight with getting the connectors on and off... do I maybe just need to change out the o-rings and/or poppets?

I would start with the o-ring first and lube the post and also look at the condition of the disconnect that goes on to the post too.  I have some that have stuck or sticky bearings that are a PITA to get off.

#8 shaggaroo

shaggaroo

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1962 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:55 AM

I had a couple like that.  Seems no one place has them cheap.  I just looked at the usual vendors and picked one.

I would start with the o-ring first and lube the post and also look at the condition of the disconnect that goes on to the post too.  I have some that have stuck or sticky bearings that are a PITA to get off.

OK good to know, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users