Photo
- - - - -

If you've ever wanted a BRAND NEW keg...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53911 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:23 AM

Here you go. AIH is selling brand new ball-lock kegs for $69.

LINK.

#2 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:25 AM

why does the 2.5 cost the same as the 5???

#3 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53911 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:28 AM

Seems like the old 3-gallon kegs used to be MORE expensive than 5s. I think the smaller ones are AS MUCH or MORE because they make less of them. I don't think I would pull the trigger on a new keg for $69 but considering I've seen them for twice that much before, it's not bad. I've also seen used ones for $85 so there's that. The TORPEDO KEGS are interesting too.

#4 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:29 AM

Seems like the old 3-gallon kegs used to be MORE expensive than 5s. I think the smaller ones are AS MUCH or MORE because they make less of them. I don't think I would pull the trigger on a new keg for $69 but considering I've seen them for twice that much before, it's not bad. I've also seen used ones for $85 so there's that. The TORPEDO KEGS are interesting too.

I guess I figured if they were making them brand new the cost to make them would be similar minus the material saved.

#5 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53911 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:32 AM

The smaller ones have always been as much or more and I agree it's weird. There must be a reason for it. I had a 3g keg years ago. I kegged 3 gallons and bottled the other 2. Ugh. What a waste of time. At some point I traded the 3g keg to someone for some other piece of equipment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users