Photo
- - - - -

ZOMG! Label Peelers 35% off ALL GRAIN ends today!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53901 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:40 AM

Holy smokes! Link is HERE. All grain 35% off which brings their 55lb sack of Swaen Pilsner malt to $36.86. I am almost out of 2-row so I think I'm going to order another sack of grain from these guys. It's the best value in sacks of grain even with the shipping!

#2 Steve Urquell

Steve Urquell

Hot Loader

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3874 posts
  • LocationOzarks

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:53 PM

Until next week lol. They always have a 35% off sale going on. Still the best deal on malt anywhere tho.

#3 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68757 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

Until next week lol. They always have a 35% off sale going on. Still the best deal on malt anywhere tho.

I get my malt local mostly, mostly just GW 2-row, it's neutral enough to make nearly anything

#4 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53901 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:45 PM

I might need to look around for better local deals. I have three shops that I can use and one of them carries sacks of grain that are on a rack near the front of the store and they're meant for bulk selling. But they're one of the few places that does that and so the prices are not that great. When I go to the other places and ask about a full sack I always get a wince like they're not really willing to part with it because then they won't have grain for smaller orders. They'll look in the back and come out and say, "You can have a full sack of Vienna or Black malt". Huh. So these prices at Label Peelers are actually better than I could do locally even with the shipping. The last sack of Rahr Pale Ale malt that I bought was something like $64. I bought a sack of the Swaen Pale Ale malt today for $41 and the shipping was $18 so it's already cheaper and it comes right to my door.

#5 Steve Urquell

Steve Urquell

Hot Loader

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3874 posts
  • LocationOzarks

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:54 PM

I might need to look around for better local deals. I have three shops that I can use and one of them carries sacks of grain that are on a rack near the front of the store and they're meant for bulk selling. But they're one of the few places that does that and so the prices are not that great. When I go to the other places and ask about a full sack I always get a wince like they're not really willing to part with it because then they won't have grain for smaller orders. They'll look in the back and come out and say, "You can have a full sack of Vienna or Black malt". Huh. So these prices at Label Peelers are actually better than I could do locally even with the shipping. The last sack of Rahr Pale Ale malt that I bought was something like $64. I bought a sack of the Swaen Pale Ale malt today for $41 and the shipping was $18 so it's already cheaper and it comes right to my door.

Similar here. My lhbs wants $70 for a sack of Avangard then I have to pay 10% local sales tax. $60 for a sack of Swaen to my door.

#6 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:08 PM

Similar here. My lhbs wants $70 for a sack of Avangard then I have to pay 10% local sales tax. $60 for a sack of Swaen to my door.

Same as what I paid last time for Avangard locally. I am talking with a local brewer to get some grain but I don't want a full pallet so that may cause an issue.

Edited by drez77, 24 July 2017 - 07:09 PM.

#7 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53901 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:42 PM

It just makes me wonder how much money these suppliers are making if I see a sack of Swaen Pils for $38 and places here are charging upwards of $60 for a sack. The other issue is that the one place that has sacks for sale... you never know what you might see. Rahr, Avangard, MaltEurop, Weyermann, Briess, Canada Malting, Best Malz, etc. If you go there expecting to get a specific product from a specific brand, it's a crapshoot and the hippies hipsters nice people working there just shrug when they don't have what you're looking for. :P

#8 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53901 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

You know what else is unreal? How quickly they process orders at Label Peelers. My order was processed and shipped within an hour of me placing the order and the FedEx tracking shows that my 55-lb sack of Swaen Pale Ale malt is arriving TODAY! That's crazy.

#9 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:22 AM

You know what else is unreal? How quickly they process orders at Label Peelers. My order was processed and shipped within an hour of me placing the order and the FedEx tracking shows that my 55-lb sack of Swaen Pale Ale malt is arriving TODAY! That's crazy.

The are very close to LD Carlson so I am sure that helps with them getting products in and out.

Rite Brew also ships crazy fast.

#10 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53901 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

Bumping this because they are (AGAIN!) having a 35-40% off EVERYTHING. Even if you're not looking for something BIG right now, just remember these guys for when you need two 50lb sacks of grain, a new kettle, a bunch of yeast, etc. Everything that I have done with Label Peelers so far has been smooth and the price has been oh-so-right.

#11 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

I will have to check this out tonight. I need a couple sacks of grain and my local sources have not been reliable lately. What do they usually get for shipping for a couple sacks?

#12 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53901 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:09 PM

I will have to check this out tonight. I need a couple sacks of grain and my local sources have not been reliable lately. What do they usually get for shipping for a couple sacks?

I won't be able to tell you because it's based on zip code but I know that the price-per-sack was low enough that even with the shipping it was lower than it would be for me to drive and pick it up locally. I bought a sack of Swaen Pils and then a sack of Swaen Pale Ale malt... $37 each. Bags of good malt are going for $55 to $65 here.

#13 LeftyMPfrmDE

LeftyMPfrmDE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:29 AM

Just finished an order, (2nd one in a month) for a whole bunch of assorted specialty grains; 30# worth to be exact. and the bill with the shipping came 10 bucks under what it would of cost at my LHBS.

To be fair; i really like my local, they have whatever your looking for, and they have great deals on sacks twice a year. But, my shop doesn't trust its customers to weigh out their own grain, so if you ordering a pound of this and that, it takes the hippies hipster  the hapless college kid who has been brewing for 6 months and tells you your doing it wrong nice guy behind the counter sometime to get it all together. If there's a couple people in the store shopping, it takes even longer- which, hey, comes with the territory. 

But if it saves me the hour or so of driving to the store, getting my stuff, and driving back home- that's damn fine price! and if it only takes 4 days to reach the east coast, even better! 

totally bought some dry yeast to make up the ten dollars in "savings" BTW  :)

#14 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53901 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:37 AM

One of my LHBSs is the same way with the employees. It's a "brew and grow" kind of place so you have your guys with long pony tails, goatees, tattoos and multiple piercings, etc. Nothing wrong with that but it's very consistent and they're not really up on the brewing outside of knowing where things are located. If you ask them for a specific kegging part or something, you can tell they're in deep water. :D

#15 LeftyMPfrmDE

LeftyMPfrmDE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:44 AM

One of my LHBSs is the same way with the employees. It's a "brew and grow" kind of place so you have your guys with long pony tails, goatees, tattoos and multiple piercings, etc. Nothing wrong with that but it's very consistent and they're not really up on the brewing outside of knowing where things are located. If you ask them for a specific kegging part or something, you can tell they're in deep water. :D

I visited a "brew and grow" shop in Elmyra,NY when i traveled for work. It was the only place in a ridiculous radius for brewing/growing supplies. The morning i walked in, and that was THE day that they started to sell Blichmann Gear. You haven't lived until you seen two very large, burly lumberjack types fighting over a Blichmann boilermaker, one guy has his foot in the kettle, the other trying to knock him down. good times, good times.  

#16 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53901 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:55 PM

I visited a "brew and grow" shop in Elmyra,NY when i traveled for work. It was the only place in a ridiculous radius for brewing/growing supplies. The morning i walked in, and that was THE day that they started to sell Blichmann Gear. You haven't lived until you seen two very large, burly lumberjack types fighting over a Blichmann boilermaker, one guy has his foot in the kettle, the other trying to knock him down. good times, good times.

Mmm, that sounds like fun. The 'hippies' or 'hipsters' at my place are very nice and it's a well-run store. If you know exactly what you want and can find it, you're good. But asking for advice is a very dodgy prospect... not only do they NOT KNOW but they will actually give you bad advice which is worse than not knowing. :D

#17 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:09 PM

Just ordered a sack of Swaen Pils and 6 packs of yeast. Getting closer to making my first lager.

#18 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53901 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:12 PM

Just ordered a sack of Swaen Pils and 6 packs of yeast. Getting closer to making my first lager.

The Swaen pils has made some dynamite beers here. Really, really nice. I haven't used the pale ale malt yet but it's coming up. I think you'll like the beers you make with that malt.

#19 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

The Swaen pils has made some dynamite beers here. Really, really nice. I haven't used the pale ale malt yet but it's coming up. I think you'll like the beers you make with that malt.

Cool. I will probably be looking for one of your recipes to break my lager cherry. Got some 34/70 for the yeast. Going to start simple.

#20 LeftyMPfrmDE

LeftyMPfrmDE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:33 PM

The Swaen pale and light munich are solid malts! Pulled the trigger on 10 lbs if their Vienna malt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users