#1 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:05 PM

How would you do it?  I'm thinking heat some juice to 145df and adding it to the fermenter.  I'm sure someone has better ideas or has done it.  Whatcha got?

#2 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53902 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:55 PM

I wish I could help but I have whiffed mightily on fruit beers. I like your approach but the part that always gets me is when the sugars in the fruit kick up a secondary fermentation and dry out the beer. How do you combat that? Mash high? Kill the yeast so further fermentation cannot occur? I'm sure most of these issues have been resolved by brewers but it's been a long time since I tried it.

#3 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:24 AM

I would just use use high quality extract in the keg. Dose a pint to determine amount and do scale up to the keg.

#4 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53902 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:18 AM

I would just use use high quality extract in the keg. Dose a pint to determine amount and do scale up to the keg.

That's what I started doing. OliveNation.com has extracts in a dizzying amount of flavors and I know that I saw watermelon there last time I looked. They're all-natural too.

HERE WE GO.

#5 EnkAMania

EnkAMania

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

I use 7 lbs of chunks in the fermenter. With other fruit beers, I've used a combination of real fruit and extract.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users