8 replies to this topic

#1 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53927 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:22 PM

... Or so I'm calling it. I was looking to make something a little different so here's a mostly-German inspired lager with pilsner, Vienna and Carafa. All German hops and 2308 for that extra Bavarian character. Oh, but the pilsner is not German... it's the Swaen Pils from Holland which is making some nice beers over here. I'm brewing this as we speak. Cheers Beerheads.

coppersnip.png

#2 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:40 AM

Looks pretty straight forward. How's it coming along?

#3 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53927 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:00 PM

Looks pretty straight forward. How's it coming along?

I took it out of the fridge this afternoon. It smells like beer heaven. When this 2308 gets up and running for a couple of uses it really starts to shine. This is run #2 with it and I have a few more beers planned with it. The Glacies Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen thread got me :scratch: about doing something similar with 2308. The Copper Lager should be right up my alley... simple, straightforward, refreshing and German.

#4 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10650 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:02 PM

I took it out of the fridge this afternoon. It smells like beer heaven. When this 2308 gets up and running for a couple of uses it really starts to shine. This is run #2 with it and I have a few more beers planned with it. The Glacies Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen thread got me :scratch: about doing something similar with 2308. The Copper Lager should be right up my alley... simple, straightforward, refreshing and German.

No time like the present for an O'fest; September is right around the corner.

#5 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16613 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:22 PM

That thread has me thinking too. Have 4 brothers coming for a visit in October. A festbier might be just the thing for that event.

#6 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53927 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:46 PM

I did make the 50/50 pils/Munich 2 (which was actually more like 65/35) Festbier with the Augustiner yeast and that beer is in primary and done. It will head to a keg shortly. I also made a version of Two Women with 2308 which is being carbed right now so I have a lot of simple German-style lagers on hand at the moment... which is always good, IMO. :D

#7 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68757 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

No time like the present for an O'fest; September is right around the corner.

this is 'merica I refer to call them Septemberfests

#8 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53927 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:07 AM

this is 'merica I refer to call them Septemberfests

Agreed. I'm American and I like this style so I just refer to them as BEER. :P

#9 MyaCullen

MyaCullen