strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:46 AM

What about Dave's Giardia Ale?

Oh boy who let you in? Either someone failed at screening out the miscreants or did you also get teh permaban? :lol: Perhaps Dave's cryptosporidium special?

#22 Mashman

Mashman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGunnison CO

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:47 AM

What about Dave's Giardia Ale?

LOL Dave's Giardia Ale sounds like a winner to me. I actually have a creek behind the house with plenty of Beaver activity. Mashman

#23 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:49 AM

LOL Dave's Giardia Ale sounds like a winner to me. I actually have a creek behind the house with plenty of Beaver activity. Mashman

*giggles at mashman's beaver activity*

#24 Dave in Indiana

Dave in Indiana

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5989 posts
  • Locationa bustle in your hedgerow

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:52 AM

I think the winter's freeze/thaw action in my northern Indiana garage and a 60 minute boil will make my brew 'bug' free!

#25 EWW

EWW

Regular, normal human being

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26158 posts
  • LocationSomewhere special

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:02 AM

So, I'm just wondering who's taking the lead on this? I know it was Mtn's idea, but I imagine that he's pretty busy with the set-up and debugging process and may not have the time to dedicate to it. Sorry to get all practical on ya, but it seems like this needs a little structure to get off the ground.

#26 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25576 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:36 AM

How a about a sour & bitter brew? The adjectives are appropriate any way.

#27 japh

japh

Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14962 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:56 AM

So, I'm just wondering who's taking the lead on this? I know it was Mtn's idea, but I imagine that he's pretty busy with the set-up and debugging process and may not have the time to dedicate to it. Sorry to get all practical on ya, but it seems like this needs a little structure to get off the ground.

I'd be willing to do it CJ-style, with votes for various items along the way.

#28 BrianBrewerKS

BrianBrewerKS

Comptroller of Winging It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:59 AM

I might be game....depending on what style you guys decide on.I have my mind made up to make Kenlenards Memory Lapse Pale Ale and his Blonde Ale, but what's wrong with brewing 3 batches to get the spring kickstarted?

#29 rockon

rockon

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2661 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:02 AM

Go for it Japhmi. Any suggestions on a recipe? I'm not going to make any because I've felt a little stuck in a brewing rut lately and brewing something new might snap that. Actually, this whole fiasco has gotten me a bit fired up again. I've posted more here today than I've posted on any brewing forum in a long time. I'm anxious to see the new site succeed and I think the more posts and traffic we have, the bettter it will be.

#30 japh

japh

Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14962 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:50 AM

Go for it Japhmi. Any suggestions on a recipe? I'm not going to make any because I've felt a little stuck in a brewing rut lately and brewing something new might snap that.

I'm going to wait to see if a mod or CJ wants to do it, otherwise I'll start posting polls tomorrow.

Actually, this whole fiasco has gotten me a bit fired up again. I've posted more here today than I've posted on any brewing forum in a long time. I'm anxious to see the new site succeed and I think the more posts and traffic we have, the bettter it will be.

Yeah, I'm more fired up about posting brewing-related stuff (and doing some actual brewing), then I've been in a long time.

#31 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:56 AM

Yeah, I'm more fired up about posting brewing-related stuff (and doing some actual brewing), then I've been in a long time.

Same here. Though part of that is because Julie/TGL/BB has decided to get into all-grain, so I'm helping/teaching her and consuming the result. :lol:

#32 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47928 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:57 AM

I'm going to wait to see if a mod or CJ wants to do it, otherwise I'll start posting polls tomorrow.Yeah, I'm more fired up about posting brewing-related stuff (and doing some actual brewing), then I've been in a long time.

Run with it Japhmi.I'm in on this one, too. I'm not usually very keen on group brews, but I'll do this one since it's the Innaugural and all. (As long as you guys don't get TOO crazy.)

#33 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28428 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:58 AM

I'm going to wait to see if a mod or CJ wants to do it, otherwise I'll start posting polls tomorrow.Yeah, I'm more fired up about posting brewing-related stuff (and doing some actual brewing), then I've been in a long time.

+1Not to be a blowhard but a lot of it was just dealing with repetitive questions on the other board that folks just wouldn't bother to look up. First you answer some, then you start ignoring, then you get board and wander to the PH...

#34 BrianBrewerKS

BrianBrewerKS

Comptroller of Winging It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:58 AM

Not to be a blowhard but a lot of it was just dealing with repetitive questions on the other board that folks just wouldn't bother to look up. First you answer some, then you start ignoring, then you get board and wander to the PH...

Yes, exactly. +1

#35 EWW

EWW

Regular, normal human being

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26158 posts
  • LocationSomewhere special

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:06 AM

Anyone want to do something big that will require a year of aging so we can be drinking it on the 1st anniversary of our new home. Just a thought.

#36 Buscotucky

Buscotucky

Comptroller of Lips and Smooching

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3605 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:30 PM

I may be in, depending on what the brew is. It's been awhile, and my supplies are low anyway.

#37 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:54 PM

I've lurked many boards for a long while now and have yet to go in on a group brew. I'm in.

#38 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:46 PM

Japhmi, thanks for picking up the ball on this. Run for the goal line! Yes, I'm pretty busy but I still want to be involved.

#39 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21336 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:19 PM

I'd like to do a Long Hammer clone. I got stuck on the stupid stuff for months.

#40 BarefootBrews

BarefootBrews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:03 PM

I'm game as long as it's something that fits my brewing schedule :) I'm always up for anything along the lines of Belgian styles. Besides, it will be heat of summer in the south before we know it and prime time weather for fermenting Belgians.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users