2 replies to this topic

#1 BrianBrewerKS

BrianBrewerKS

Comptroller of Winging It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:34 AM

Midwest Beerfest in Wichita, KS is this Saturday from 1-4pm at the Century 2 building.I'll be there. Went a few years back and had a pretty good time. Any other locals gonna be there?Midwest Beerfest

#2 Sharkman

Sharkman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationTopeka, KS

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:05 PM

I went last year and thought it was "sub par".Most of the vendors shut down an hour or more before it was supposed to end.Hope you have better luck this year.

#3 BrianBrewerKS

BrianBrewerKS

Comptroller of Winging It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:15 AM

My 'review':1. Handling of tickets and entrance into the event was an absolute joke. I bought tickets online so I could pick them up at will-call. We got there right at 1:00 (it went from 1-4pm)...at the time we got there, the line to get in was already over a half mile long (no exaggeration). We thought maybe since I bought the tickets online we might be able to get in a shorter line...nope. Actually, we couldn't even get into the half mile long line until we walked another 1/4 mile to the will-call line. After we went through that line and got our tickets, we had to go back to the main line and wait. Total, it took an hour and 15 minutes to get into the event after standing in line. Very frustrating. They only had 2 cops checking IDs at the door. Very poorly ran as far as entrance/tickets go. The event did sell out, so I guess I'm glad I bought my tickets online early...although as I was standing in line I was really tempted to sell my tickets at face value to folks who were turned away after they were told it was a sellout. Anyways, they really need to speed the process up. That was ridiculous.2. Once we got inside, things were pretty good. Plenty of booths with a wide array of beers...good music...not TOO crowded. BUT, by the time we got inside, there was only an hour and a half of the event left. I would have liked to look at the silent auction items, but I didn't have time since I wanted to get as many samples as I could to try to cover my $35 ticket.3. Overall, had a decent time once we actually got inside. Nice lineup of vendors/beers. Looked to be decent food there to buy...I didn't buy any. They really need to streamline the ticket/entrance issues though. Maybe move the event to Intrust Bank Arena or Hartman Arena. If they don't address that very large issue, I won't go next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users