#1 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49857 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:30 PM

Got my volunteer shift lined up for VIP dinner. That fest is great. I will be a traveling drunken minstrel for a couple of nights there. Give me beer and I will be your friend. If you have never been to this fest, look into it. I have never seen the likes. Guaranteed smiles :stabby:

#2 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:13 AM

Got my volunteer shift lined up for VIP dinner. That fest is great. I will be a traveling drunken minstrel for a couple of nights there. Give me beer and I will be your friend. If you have never been to this fest, look into it. I have never seen the likes. Guaranteed smiles :stabby:

is this the thing that ommegang puts on?

#3 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:25 AM

I have never been, till this year. Me and a buddy are volunteering this year. really looking forward to it. Now I need to brew something special up for the nighttime party.

#4 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49857 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:43 AM

is this the thing that ommegang puts on?

YupDrez, we should meet up and drink beers!

#5 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

Drez, we should meet up and drink beers!

Yes, Yes we should. I will message you as the date gets closer and we can set something up :stabby:

#6 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49857 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:28 AM

I see you are from MA. I always camp with a bunch of people from MA that are in a club called the Mash Holes. Are you familiar with them?

#7 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:37 AM

I see you are from MA. I always camp with a bunch of people from MA that are in a club called the Mash Holes. Are you familiar with them?

Small world. I do know a few of them. You must know Sarah R?

#8 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49857 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:22 PM

I think so. Although it is hard to say. I know them better by face unfortunately. Awesome bunch of people though. We will throw it down with the grub and booze for sure.

#9 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:59 AM

Got my volunteering assignment, looking forward to next weekend!Should have a nice selection of sour beers to taste also

#10 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:57 AM

Got my volunteering assignment, looking forward to next weekend!Should have a nice selection of sour beers to taste also

so what will you be doing?

#11 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

so what will you be doing?

Ice and water filling stations... 2-5 I think ..

#12 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:59 AM

They don't trust you around the beer, huh? :covreyes:

I guess not :) That is okay though. I will do my shift then go drink the rest of the fest :stabby:

#13 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49857 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:53 AM

I guess I was mistaken on my shift and I am pouring the second half of the tasting. I am pretty pumped for this fest!

#14 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:19 AM

I guess I was mistaken on my shift and I am pouring the second half of the tasting. I am pretty pumped for this fest!

Me too! My buddy is puring the second half also. I will be busy this weekend putting together bottles to bring for the late night. so far:Ska SourCantillon Zwanze 2010Bourbon County Stout 2007Cigar City Hunahpu 2010Bullfrog El Diablo Deluxe

#15 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49857 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:59 PM

My brother picked up a ticket just recently from a friend who couldn't go. He grabbed some nice stuff from the store. I have a handful of things that I could bring. Decisions...

#16 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

Tent is up, getting excited!Posted Image

#17 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:18 AM

so is it over now? how was it guys?

#18 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:21 AM

Had a great time. Tried to find Doobahstop's camp but everytime we went that way we got derailed with more beer. I was happy to get back in my bed Sunday though!

#19 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49857 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:02 PM

Yeah, I had a blast as well! I came home somehow with more beer than I arrived with! Amazing event. I'm bummed we never met up, but there is always next year. I met a lot of first timers who were completely blown away by the scope of the fest. That Sunday is always rough though... Next year I am going to somehow organize a meetup or something. Over by the cow silo... :sarcasm:

#20 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:54 PM

Yeah, I had a blast as well! I came home somehow with more beer than I arrived with!

Me too. A distributor from Wisconsin kept coming to our camp Friday night with bottles from the dinner. It was awesome. The more homebrew I gave him the more he came back. Next year we will definitely need to plan a meet up, just have to plan it more than the day of..lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users