#1 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:03 PM

This is horrible! The first Smuttynose beer I didn't like. Overly dry for style, astringent, harshly bitter, weirdly spiced, clashing flavors. The main spice I get is nutmeg, and it doen't mix well with the hops. I wish I had picked one of the dozen other pumpkin ales on the shelf. A waste of 9 or 10 bucks for the 6-pack.

#2 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64052 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

I love Smuttynose. I hate pumpkin beer. I had a Smutty Pumpkin sitting in the chiller drawer of my fridge for like 2 years. I eventually dumped it. I knew I made the right decision. :smilielol:

#3 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64052 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

I actually picked up a 6er of this a few weeks ago.  It's my first pumpkin beer in years and years.  I didn't hate it, which was a surprise.  The spices hit hard up front, but fall back after a few sips (kind of like the smoke in a rauch).  Maybe they changed the recipe, because my impression didn't match with the review above.  I thought the bitterness was appropriate and it wasn't terribly dry either.  Maybe I'll try a new pumpkin beer each year, but I can't do these regularly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users