#1 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:22 AM

Oddly enough, my very last order from The HBS That Shall Not Be Named was delivered last night. For obvious reasons, I've got to find a new place to order from now. My LHBSs are all quite a distance away, so I order virtually everything online.Where do you shop online for homebrew stuff, and why?

#2 Dave in Indiana

Dave in Indiana

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5988 posts
  • Locationa bustle in your hedgerow

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:26 AM

Quality Wine and Ale Supply: Awarded "Retailer of the Year" by the WineMaker Magazine Amateur Wine Competition for 4 years in a row, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 by being a true full service wine making and beer making supply store.

#3 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1494 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:33 AM

My LHBS has a a pretty good online presence. I can't speak for how good their prices are compared to some of the internet front shops but for me since they are local they get my business. To boot they are a good shop with great owners and great employees. Their weakness is definitely kegging gear but they'll be the first to admit that! https://www.stompthemgrapes.com/

#4 cj in j

cj in j

Advanced Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationMishima, Japan

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:36 AM

MoreBeer, Northern Brewer, High Gravity -- all have been very good to me in the past.

#5 mikesarney

mikesarney

Advanced Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationBridgeville, PA

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:43 AM

Is it me, or did Northern Brewer get pricier? When I first started, Northern Brewer was usually cheaper than my LHBS (though with shipping it was usually close). Now, my LHBS is cheaper on most items.

#6 cj in j

cj in j

Advanced Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationMishima, Japan

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:44 AM

Yeah, their prices went up when the started cheap flat-rate shipping.

#7 bdutton

bdutton

Comptroller of Gifts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10473 posts
  • LocationIn your head, 24x7

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:07 AM

More beer for me. But about 90% of my brewing supplies comes from the local shop. Gotta support the little guy.

#8 rockon

rockon

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2657 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:12 AM

Northern BrewerB3Austin HBAnd Scott, I don't think you make it over to the east side of the state too often, but Cap n' Cork is a great little shop in Macomb County if you do.

#9 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22502 posts
  • LocationIt's OK to be White

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:14 AM

I use Austin Homebrew right here in the great state 'o Mexas. :lol: You can't beat the flat rate $6.99 shipping on almost everything. I bought another glass carboy a few months back and still got the cheap shipping. The owner Forrest, is a nice dude, and any problem I ever has was taken care of without fail.

#10 dagomike

dagomike

Comptroller of CrapPapples

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19172 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:59 AM

I like Northern Brewer, mostly for the shipping. UPS ground gets to me in two days. Not too thrilled they got rid of USPS cause I'd often order small stuff, but whatever. I like their website too. Easy to find stuff, great selection, with good pics and prices.

#11 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10544 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:00 AM

More beer for me. But about 90% of my brewing supplies comes from the local shop. Gotta support the little guy.

My little guy is Douchenozzle, should I support him? haha

#12 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10544 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:02 AM

Douchenozzle Douchenozzle Douchenozzle, I see what you did here haha, NICE!

#13 SnowMan

SnowMan

Advanced Snowman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14398 posts
  • LocationWinter...

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:02 AM

Quality Wine and Ale Supply: Awarded "Retailer of the Year" by the WineMaker Magazine Amateur Wine Competition for 4 years in a row, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 by being a true full service wine making and beer making supply store.

This place is my LHBS also. The owner is a pretty good guy in my experience. When I first got started a few years ago I went in there and dropped about $300 and he gave me 20% off. Even though I had never been in there before. The big drawback is that I have to pay sales tax. Online I tend to use Northern Brewer. I've used Austin a time or two and B3 for a few hard to find items. Scott... if you come down to Homebrewit you will have to let Dave and I know. I'm 30 min south and he's 30 min west. Chet is right there too.SnowMan

#14 Dave in Indiana

Dave in Indiana

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5988 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:09 AM

Definitely! I'll buy lunch and beers!

#15 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:23 AM

Dang, you guys have almost got me talked into a road trip. :lol:

#16 Dave in Indiana

Dave in Indiana

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5988 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:29 AM

A chance to meet Chimpy? I'll get breakfast, too.

#17 *_Guest_hophead_*

*_Guest_hophead_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:30 AM

MoreBeer, Northern Brewer, High Gravity -- all have been very good to me in the past.

Is that the High Gravity in Tulsa? I drive up there and get a 10 percent discount. Really good people. I didn't think they would make it when they opened the shop, but they seem to be doing quite well. They sell a lot of wine kits...beautiful store.

#18 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25477 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:42 AM

I know the board of green had no rule against mentioning their competition, but I did it not talk of other stores any way. I like this place already.My LHBS is More Beer. They have "free" shipping, but I wouldn't know much about it.I use williams brewing too. They are about 30 miles up the road from me. I get things next day. They have good prices and the shipping seems fair.Then that is the nut of ordering on line, the shipping factor.zymot

#19 Mashman

Mashman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGunnison CO

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:50 AM

Northern Brewer has always treated me fairly and I get my orders in a couple of days via UPS ground. I have also used B3 and Austin on occasion. Mashman

#20 japh

japh

Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14896 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:53 AM

My LHBS has a web page, and I know they do internet orders.www.mainbrew.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users