66 replies to this topic

#21 BrianBrewerKS

BrianBrewerKS

Comptroller of Winging It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:04 AM

I mostly use Midwest Supplies...I've also ordered from Northern Brewer and More Beer.I've been happy with all of them.

#22 chauvan

chauvan

Comptroller of Jewish Scuba Divers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:10 AM

I usually like Austin HB. Real good service from them every time. Northern Brewer for hard to find items. Midwest for the DVD. :lol: B3 always seems to pricey for me. And Williams is just insanely pricey.

#23 BrianBrewerKS

BrianBrewerKS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:16 AM

Yeah, I've ordered quite a bit from Austin Homebrew too. They're good. The reason that I use Midwest the most is because their website isn't blocked at my job. :lol: The others are blocked.

#24 notwoohoo

notwoohoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationWoodstock, GA

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:21 AM

Brewmasters Warehouse is a newish online HBS in Atlanta - Brewmasters WarehouseFlat rate shipping, but no sales in GA due to another shop's complaints :lol:

#25 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:26 AM

Flat rate shipping, but no sales in GA due to another shop's complaints :)

Huh? How does that work? :lol:

#26 BrianBrewerKS

BrianBrewerKS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:28 AM

Yeah, I'd think that would put them at quite a disadvantage if they can't sell to the state they are located in... :lol:

#27 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28427 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:02 AM

I normally just use one of the LHBS near me:https://www.mountainhomebrew.com/ (near work)https://homebrewheaven.com/ (near home)https://www.cellar-homebrew.com/ (used to use these guys a lot before I moved, now they are out of the way)When having to order something in for whatever reason I've used the old board's sponsor, Austin, Williams, etc. Just depends on who has what I want. I never order grain in, usually just equipment and sometimes hops/additives.

#28 notwoohoo

notwoohoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationWoodstock, GA

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:04 AM

Yeah, I'd think that would put them at quite a disadvantage if they can't sell to the state they are located in... :lol:

Agreed, the owner is trying to work through it and find a resolution. Apparently the only other HBS in Atlanta complained to their supplier (who supplies them both)

#29 JReigle

JReigle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSan Leandro, CA

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:29 AM

If I order online, it's either from Williams or B3 because they're both very close and the shipping is reasonable. I usually just go to my LHBS, Brewmaster in San Leandro.

#30 cj in j

cj in j

Advanced Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationMishima, Japan

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:47 AM

Is that the High Gravity in Tulsa? I drive up there and get a 10 percent discount. Really good people. I didn't think they would make it when they opened the shop, but they seem to be doing quite well. They sell a lot of wine kits...beautiful store.

Yep, that's the one. Good people, for sure. I haven't ever met them in person, but email communication is always smooth.

#31 *_Guest_hophead_*

*_Guest_hophead_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:08 AM

Yep, that's the one. Good people, for sure. I haven't ever met them in person, but email communication is always smooth.

Dave and Desiree finally got married. Desiree is the current President of our homebrew club...Foam (Fellowship of Oklahoma Ale Makers)

#32 BeerBomber

BeerBomber

Comptroller of Brined Cucumber Liplocks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7108 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

I am glad to see this thread. I was about to make a purchase from the site that shall remain nameless until all this crap happened.

#33 big harry deehl

big harry deehl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:23 AM

Brewmasters Warehouse is a newish online HBS in Atlanta - Brewmasters WarehouseFlat rate shipping, but no sales in GA due to another shop's complaints :lol:

I would second this. Dan (I believe is his name) is a nice guy. He does the Homebrew gig on nights and weekends. Decent prices, neat website, good guy.

#34 millstone

millstone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationin front of my computer in Hammond IN

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:38 AM

Brewmasters Warehouse is a newish online HBS in Atlanta - Brewmasters Warehouse

I used Brewmasters for the first time last week, very good prices and and flat $6.99 shipping. Got my stuff in 3 days (Hammond IN), not bad for 25 lbs of misc grains and stuff. Ed is the guy I either emailed or phoned my questions.And - hello for north west Indianatomforgot to add, they are also offering 10% on your order.

#35 awall

awall

Comptroller of Being a Cool Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10394 posts
  • LocationRowley

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:39 AM

I like both NB and Austin. My grains fro my next batch just got shipped from Austin, actually. I really like the fact that i can have all the grain put into one bag, with specialty grains available in 2oz increments. Storage space is an issue for me, so being able to buy my grains like that is a big plus for me.

#36 Lagerdemain

Lagerdemain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:08 PM

I would consider buying from Austin Homebrew, but their policy of only shipping grain in 40 lb packages, not the 50 lb (domestic) and 55 lb (continental) sacks bugs the hell out of me. I want a full sack - especially considering they're charging full sack prices. I've found a guy relatively local who is running a sorta LHBS that I will buy all my grains and yeast from. I'll continue to buy hops from HopsDirect when I need them, and will buy equipment/fittings as necessary from morebeer and northernbrewer.

#37 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:26 PM

My LHBS has a a pretty good online presence. I can't speak for how good their prices are compared to some of the internet front shops but for me since they are local they get my business. To boot they are a good shop with great owners and great employees. Their weakness is definitely kegging gear but they'll be the first to admit that! https://www.stompthemgrapes.com/

+1 on stomp them grapes. Their store is the best in the Denver area. I've purchased a few things from them mail order (stuff like hop rhizomes) when the $3 shipping made it cheaper than driving. A lot of their "shipping" is really handling, but who am I to judge, I didnt want to drive 20 minutes to get there.Online I buy from austinhomebrew.com. This was my primary shop when I lived in FL and the LHBS was crap. morebeer.com I use for things like custom welded SS (my drip tray and false bottom). I havent bought there in a long time.edit... nobody saw that!

#38 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:29 PM

I'm in the same boat as you, I have to do all my ordering online. These are in no particular order.www.morebeer.comwww.northernbrewer.comwww.northcountrymalt.comwww.midwestsupplies.comwww.wine-hops.comwww.austinhomebrewsupply.comwww.freshops.comwww.hopsdirect.comwww.usplastics.comwww.harborfreight.comwww.mcmaster.comwww.discountvials.comwww.thesciencefair.comwww.micromatic.comwww.amazon.comwww.ebay.comwww.ace.comwww.beertown.orgwww.homebrewing.orgwww.highgravitybrewing.com

#39 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

I've order mostly from NorthernBrewer and Midwest, but had to relay a story on my most recent order from Northern. My order was a bunch of odds and ends, mostly to make it worth it to order the Fermcap that I can't get at my LHBS. When the package arrived I found the Fermcap bottle had broken and soaked everything. I emailed Mike Z and he shipped out a replacement Fermcap the next day. I opened the replacement package to find the same thing had happened. Once again Mike sent a replacement shipment the next day. This time it arrived with upgraded shipping and some seriously over-engineered packing. NB did everything they could to make it right, real class act.

#40 Brewmasters Warehouse

Brewmasters Warehouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:42 PM

It is good to see some customers on here.I just wanted to drop a line out here about the 10% off sale. Use the discount code BYOAD. It is good off your entire order.Everyone that works at Brewmasters Warehouse is a home brewer first and a business second,so you can expect the type of service you would want to get.If you have any questions please let me know, if I am not sleeping you will get a prompt answer.Thanks,Ed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users