#41 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21354 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:11 PM

Agreed, the owner is trying to work through it and find a resolution. Apparently the only other HBS in Atlanta complained to their supplier (who supplies them both)

What you talking 'bout? There are 3 HBS in Atlanta.Aardvarrk Brewing in Fayetteville- Just south of 285 on the south sideHome Brew Supplies on Indian Trail in LilburnBrewVan up in Alpahretta.I go to the guy in Fayetteville. He's open 3 days a week. Great guy.BrewVan is about 150 miles from me.The lady in Lilburn has bugs in her grains. I don't go there much.Howie and I had a great setup with Savannah Home Brew. I would place the order and we would go to Crosby and Baker to pick the stuff up. They didn't like that arrangement much.

#42 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:34 PM

I have used Austin HB a good bit, Midwest Supplies and B3 several times too. They have all been reliable and reasonable as well. I tend to just run to the my LHBS here in Raleigh. They have good selection the prices are reasonable as well. Hopsdirect and NCM have been good deals as well. Hopsdirect shipped me a pound of Nugget instead of Fuggles back in fall I called them and just kept the hops since they were more expensive and more alpha too. They would have exchanged them for me though too.

#43 big harry deehl

big harry deehl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:47 AM

I would second this. Dan (I believe is his name) is a nice guy. He does the Homebrew gig on nights and weekends. Decent prices, neat website, good guy.

Ed..... not Dan. Sorry Ed.

#44 Ret S. York

Ret S. York

pwn*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMooresville / Charlotte

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:57 AM

Just wanted to point out that the Reviews section has just been added, so it would be great to capture some of this information there.

#45 japh

japh

Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14968 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:00 AM

I'll add www.fhsteinbart.com as a good place. I've been in there a few times, but with them not being open Sundays, I don't get over there very often.

#46 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87473 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:19 AM

I support my LHBS now that they are much closer to me... https://www.perfectbrewing.cometa - they have a pretty decent inventory and their prices are as good as any other places online, but their website kinda sucks imho

#47 firstimpressions

firstimpressions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:01 PM

Niagara Traditions in Buffalo, NY is good too. Great walk in store and I order online when I don't want to take the ride in.https://www.nthomebrew.com/catalog/

#48 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:04 PM

What you talking 'bout? There are 3 HBS in Atlanta.Aardvarrk Brewing in Fayetteville- Just south of 285 on the south sideHome Brew Supplies on Indian Trail in LilburnBrewVan up in Alpahretta.I go to the guy in Fayetteville. He's open 3 days a week. Great guy.BrewVan is about 150 miles from me.The lady in Lilburn has bugs in her grains. I don't go there much.Howie and I had a great setup with Savannah Home Brew. I would place the order and we would go to Crosby and Baker to pick the stuff up. They didn't like that arrangement much.

There is also Wine Craft of Atlanta in Sandy Springs, on Roswell road, right off the North end perimeter.

#49 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21354 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:37 PM

I thought they closed. I was just up that way, (5 Seasons) a couple of weeks ago. We went to Whole Pay Check after that.

#50 dannyboy

dannyboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:58 PM

***Newbie alert*** Intro posted in the PH.I generally shop at NB or Midwest. When I need hops, Hopsdirect is the place to go (unless you grow your own), even after the shortage. If I'm strapped and need something right now, I go to Depot Street Merchants in Cheyenne. They might not have everything but, in a pinch, they will have what you need. They also carry lots of authentic/vintage steins which are always fun to browse.

#51 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:07 PM

I shop locally for the most part but there are some things that I buy online. For that I use either NB, B3 or AHB about 99% of the time.

#52 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:27 PM

I shop locally for the most part but there are some things that I buy online. For that I use either NB, B3 or AHB about 99% of the time.

Those are my 3 go-to online stores as well. I've been ordering all of my ingredients from AHB for the past 4 batches (except for some hops).

#53 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112413 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

I have yet to see NB consistently beaten on price, packaging, or freshness.

#54 *_Guest_Milf Man_*

*_Guest_Milf Man_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

I have yet to see NB consistently beaten on price, packaging, or freshness.

+1I get their hardcopy catalog four times a year and leave it in the john.One mans catalog is another mans pron :).I circle things and give it to wifey and the kids for Xmas and my birthday and rate things (*must have item*) and make comments to help people decide what to get.Often, brewing stuff is not all that expensive but added up, it can come to a nice chunk of change.Getting it as gifts is wonderful !Cheers,knewshound

#55 dagomike

dagomike

Comptroller of CrapPapples

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19208 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:43 PM

I get their hardcopy catalog four times a year and leave it in the john.One mans catalog is another mans pron :).

Their catalog does rocks. I actually like it better than their website for browsing.

#56 Julius H Gardetto

Julius H Gardetto

Comptroller of Delusional Berkley Hippie Types

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25504 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:57 PM

Northern BrewerB3Austin HBAnd Scott, I don't think you make it over to the east side of the state too often, but Cap n' Cork is a great little shop in Macomb County if you do.

Michigan Brewing Co. might be a little closer, and has a pretty nice selection. That is where I went when I lived in the area.Scott-Have you ever been to the place in Grand Ledge "The Red Salamander"? I never have, but that has to be closer yet.

#57 MX1

MX1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:59 PM

I am a MW guy, but because I like the price, service, and the fact that they ship to APO.NB, and AHB will not.I have not tried many of the others.Tim

#58 dannyboy

dannyboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:00 PM

I admit that I use the creative covers and artwork of NB's catalog for decoration of the Mancave!Beer Ninjas!!!!

#59 deejaydan

deejaydan

Comptroller of Spooning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2317 posts
  • LocationFennville, MI

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:01 PM

In the GR area.. Siciliano's market can't be beat... https://www.sicilianosmkt.com/I've also had good luck with Williams Brewing and Northern Brewer.. I usually find Williams cheaper with shipping for the stuff I get.

#60 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:31 PM

Really? Better than The Brew Hut? The Brew Hut even has a built in brewery to drink while you shop.

I've only been to the brew hut once. It seemed ok. It's nice that they have corny parts. I still rate Stomp higher cause when there was more of a hop shortage, they had everything. I dont think I ever had to sub hops shopping at Stomp. Whenever I went to Beer at home, I'd be lucky to get my 3rd choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users