#61 beach

beach

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:49 AM

Quality Wine and Ale Supply: Awarded "Retailer of the Year" by the WineMaker Magazine Amateur Wine Competition for 4 years in a row, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 by being a true full service wine making and beer making supply store.

QW&A is my LHBS also. I try to support locals as much as is reasonable. If you stop by the store you're less than a mile from Mad Anthony's Brew Pub; don't forget them :)

#62 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:58 AM

Scott-Have you ever been to the place in Grand Ledge "The Red Salamander"? I never have, but that has to be closer yet.

Yeah, both Red Salamander and Sicilianos are nice. But RS is an hour drive east, and Sicilianos is an hour drive west. I prefer to just mail order stuff. If I just need a packet of yeast or something, B&Bs on 28th street in GR is kinda sorta convenient.

#63 Brownbeard

Brownbeard

Comptroller of Ilks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40956 posts
  • LocationCedar Rapids, Ia

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:05 AM

Oddly enough, my very last order from The HBS That Shall Not Be Named was delivered last night. For obvious reasons, I've got to find a new place to order from now. My LHBSs are all quite a distance away, so I order virtually everything online.Where do you shop online for homebrew stuff, and why?

Northern BrewerIn the beginning, it was because they were closest. But, I like their "openness". All their recipe kits give you the actual recipe on the web site. Whenever I have had to call for customer service (usually because I screwed up when ordering) they have been very accommodating. I have never had a bad experience from them. Flat rate shipping is nice too.

#64 nitroglycerin11

nitroglycerin11

Comptroller of Bulgaria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:40 AM

I had been using AHB quite a bit in the past. Mainly for decent pricing and the shipping was nice.I have also used NB a ton recently. They typically have more of the harder to find specialty grains. I tended to favor NB over AHB since converting to all-grain b/c they ship their grains in large heavy-duty sacks (and multiples of them) so they are useful when disposing of your grain. AHB packages the grain in too small of bags (cut to fit more-or-less) the grains and these are basically useless to me for disposing of my grain.Next I think I will move on to brewmasterswarehouse. With the discount code and the closer location to me, I should be able to get my order even quicker. If, they send their grains with large sacks like NB, they will become my exclusive retailer (assuming they have what I need).

#65 japh

japh

Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14964 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:25 AM

I found a good place that's local to me, and they're online only. The name struck me as something that people on this board may like: www.brewbrothers.biz :(

#66 trimpy

trimpy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:36 AM

I buy bulk from NCM, then most big things at the LHBS. When shopping online I frequent Midwest Homebrewing Supplies because they are close, have decent shipping rates, and have good pricing. I have never had an issue and always get my stuff in 2-3 days. My least favorite has become Northern Brewer... 1.50-2.00/lb for base malts?!? come on now

#67 notwoohoo

notwoohoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationWoodstock, GA

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:40 PM

There is also Wine Craft of Atlanta in Sandy Springs, on Roswell road, right off the North end perimeter.

There is also a Wine Craft off of 92 right by 575. It is completely wine focused except for a few random non-refrigerated dry yeast sachets....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users