#41 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31533 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:10 PM

If you are going to be doing the shirts would be cool to have infant sizes. I would get one for my up and comer. :(

#42 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

Comptroller of Gingerliness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28068 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:14 AM

I wanted to address Mainleybrew's question here too:The angle is simply to provide a new place for the community we had built at the BB. It is entirely non-profit, all income from patronage or ads will be used to pay hosting fees, buy upgrades, etc. Any funds in excess of what we need for those purposes will be given back to the community via raffles, contests with prizes, etc. It is possible that I will want to use the board for advertising at some point in the distant future, but I would expect that to be in the same form as any other advertiser.

Thanks scott and MTN. I wasn't trying to call anyone out, but the board's vision is clear now. I am sure that everyone appreciates having an honest, open format. ...I mean, it got Obama elected...right?? :( Seriously though, there is a certain amount of respect that is earned when everyone is included in the decision making or steering of development. ...one thing that seemed to be a trip up at the other site.Cheers to you guys and all the hard work that you've put in so far and will put in the future.MB

#43 armagh

armagh

Grumpy Frost Giant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6705 posts
  • LocationBandit Country

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:15 AM

My only question is this: What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

African or European swallow?Said it before in PMs, but I'll say it here, well done Gregg.

#44 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:49 AM

Yup! I say put them on now and start gettin that revenue.However, the moment I see an ad-banner or a popup ad, you are going to hear it from me. But unobtrusive ads aint a problem for me either.

I agree

I for one appreciate all the hard work it has taken to get this operation off the ground, but more so then the hard work, I appreciate the candor and in your face honesty that the state of forum and discussion brings to this board. The level of honesty and openness is commendable.

Highly commendable. I often wonder if any of you guys actually have a job or families to tend to. Maybe you all read and type faster than me but for as little as I contribute content-wise I couldn't imagine how much time you all spend doing everything you do.Again, very well done.

No need. You're very welcome. I just wish I had more to offer. You're all a great bunch of guys.

OK, let's not get too emotional now. :devil:

#45 rockon

rockon

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2657 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:34 AM

Thanks for this thread. I am also glad that the community here proved to be stronger than any technical difficulties. I also barely even noticed the ads at the greenboard. If they were implemented in that way, I have no problem with them.

#46 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25476 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:50 AM

My opinion. Do Not Gild The Lily.Keep the Brews Brothers lean and efficient as reasonably possible. The core of the forum is being able to read and answer, comments, tips, and see images posted in threads. That is what I come here for.If the forum bogs down with too many extra do-dads and features, then the main reason for the forum suffers.Error on the side of reliability, speed, cost and core functionality.Again, just one zymot's opinion.

#47 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58913 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:54 AM

Guys, im just gonna have to say that today i've been angry at everything. I could have killed a dozen people over for simply entering my visual range. Every voice, regardless of content, is like hot irons being driven through my optical sockets. I've punched the walls of my office at even the thought of another person telling me what to do. Its been pure rage. That said, reading this "state of the forum" didn't make me angry. :devil:You all mah [self edit]

#48 caskconditioned

caskconditioned

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:31 AM

Glad I found this board (I stopped reading the other board a few months ago) and a BIG thanks to everyone who has worked so hard to get it up and running.I really like that there is no affiliation with someone who has a personal financial interest (HBS, individual, etc). I think it will really help build a strong community and assure its long term success. Thanks again!

#49 *_Guest_BigBossMan_*

*_Guest_BigBossMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:18 PM

African or European swallow?

Finally! Someone gets the reference. You've restored my faith.*gets cast into the chasm of despair*

#50 armagh

armagh

Grumpy Frost Giant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6705 posts
  • LocationBandit Country

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:13 AM

Finally! Someone gets the reference. You've restored my faith.*gets cast into the chasm of despair*

You have to know these things if you're going to be king.

#51 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:09 AM

I knew the reference, damn funny movie.What's your favorite color?", "Blue....NO, yellow!! ahhhhhhhhhh" :covreyes:

#52 REM

REM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNacogdoches, Texas!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:02 PM

I also wanted to reiterate this, and personally thank Marc for all of the behind-the-scenes help he's been. You rock, dude. :sarcasm:

Did you hide the cleaning bottle? :covreyes: Seriously, thanks to Marc and to you all, members, patrons, mods and sods!

#53 twocents

twocents

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:46 PM

so, we're forum or against em.. eh?? :)and if there are patrons, could we please be called patron saints??? getting the banned back together....hahahhahahahahh :chug: two cents ¢¢

#54 twocents

twocents

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:30 PM

Oh, I almost forgot....the blueboard of happiness....<g,d,&r>two cents ¢¢

#55 Connie

Connie

Comptroller of Birthday Princesses

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, Hawai'i

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:25 PM

It's 'Getting the Banned Back together' everywhere except the PH. I'd be mad, but I'm really just too anxious about other things. Once my 'other thing' happens, I'm going to be a lot less stressed I think. :)

#56 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:28 AM

The post count in the public forum is 2x what the beer forum is. I'm also pretty much the only morning poster in the beer forum (at least today). We need to get more active brewers over here ASAP!!

#57 brewhead

brewhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:27 PM

i know i asked for this earlier and in the interest of promotion - how about a 140 x 140 banner to link?

#58 Ret S. York

Ret S. York

pwn*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMooresville / Charlotte

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:27 PM

i know i asked for this earlier and in the interest of promotion - how about a 140 x 140 banner to link?

not 140x140, but how about this....httpss://brews-bros.xyz/downloads/brewsbros-sigbanner.jpg

#59 brewhead

brewhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:25 PM

linked

#60 DubbelEntendre

DubbelEntendre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:22 AM

Can we get a 100 days update like they do for the president??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users