#21 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64053 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

Jamil's Vienna rang a bell...turns out I brewed it back in 2010.  I do remember liking it.  My tasting notes said the munich seemed a little too forward.  Maybe I'll try again with less Munich.

I love me a good Vienna.  That's one style I really want to perfect.

#22 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54004 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

Jamil's Vienna rang a bell...turns out I brewed it back in 2010.  I do remember liking it.  My tasting notes said the munich seemed a little too forward.  Maybe I'll try again with less Munich.

I love me a good Vienna.  That's one style I really want to perfect.

I have it on tap right now and thought it was very close to NM.  I don't know if that's an insult to Jamil's recipe but I thought they were very similar.  Jamil's has a little bit of that dark crystal fruitiness to it and it reminded me of NM.  Someone else mentioned in that thread that using just one ounce of carafa instead of two would be more "Mexican" which is possible but NM and Jamil's recipe seemed very similar to me.  If you want me to post the recipe I made (which is just slightly different than Jamil's), let me know.  Cheers Amigo.

#23 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54004 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:34 AM

Got up this morning at 5:15 to make another batch of this beer.  This time with some Perle and Tettnanger and White Labs 830 for the yeast.  The last keg of this blew last weekend while I was doing some home projects.  Time to fire up another batch of what is becoming one of my favorite beers.  Cheers.

#24 johnpreuss

johnpreuss

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • LocationWay Up North Minnesota

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

Oh Ken..... I was at Northern Brewer this weekend and bought a sack of Rahr pilsner, some midnight wheat and some 2124....I'm seeing something in the Modelo Negro realm, am I right? This is on the schedule.

Edited by johnpreuss, 20 July 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#25 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54004 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

Oh Ken..... I was at Northern Brewer this weekend and bought a sack of Rahr pilsner, some midnight wheat and some 2124....I'm seeing something in the Modelo Negro realm, am I right? This is on the schedule.

Just saw this. Yeah, it might be in the Negra Modelo realm but I was shooting for a beer I had down there called Indio although my version might be a little hoppier than that one. I'm going to make a batch of this as well... My wife is headed up to Madison with some buds for some type of "Bike & Beer" thing where you ride from bar to bar or whatever. I would go but my wife's friends put it together and AFAIK it's just 5 girls headed up there, no guys. So... I'm taking the opportunity to brew on Thursday night. A slightly different recipe but very close... 5 lbs Malteurop 2-row base malt 3 lbs Best Malz Munich 6L 1 lb flaked corn 4 ounces C80 2 ounces German Carafa Special .75 ounces Perle hops 7.5% for 60 .50 ounces Hallertau 4.3 for 20 Wyeast 2124 Bohemian Lager All filtered tap water, mash around 150-151°, water adjustments for basically 'amber balanced' or thereabouts. SRM comes in around 13 and IBUs are about 30. Should be good. Cheers Beerheads.

Edited by KenLenard, 05 August 2014 - 02:27 PM.

#26 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54004 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:51 PM

Linked to this thread earlier today and my pic is gone... reposting a pic:

2v3hu1i.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users