#41 StankDelicious

StankDelicious

Comptroller of BigBossMan

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14017 posts
  • LocationMarylandistan

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

For the Friday night food pairing I need two on.

Greedy git. :P

#42 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

He is grasping for air. Sorry to be that way but he has no practical experience. I just served 250 people at our personal party and another fest our club sponsors serves 350. We serve beer at festivals in Missouri, Nebraska, and NHC. The only foam issue we have are over carbed beers and when keg temps get into the 80's or above, or when the box ice melts to water. We just maintain ice in warmer temps and it's not a huge foam deal even with lots of pressure on the taps.

I believe you, I will make this happen. The only question now is what coldplates to get. I got prices from Foxx and can get a 4-circ for $140. So just got to see if the club wants to spend the extra $100 or so right now to be able to upgrade cheaper later. Seems like the way to go to me.

For the Friday night food pairing I need two on.

So basically I really need to try and make mashout and bring a newly modified jockey box to try out.

#43 StankDelicious

StankDelicious

Comptroller of BigBossMan

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14017 posts
  • LocationMarylandistan

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

I believe you, I will make this happen. The only question now is what coldplates to get. I got prices from Foxx and can get a 4-circ for $140. So just got to see if the club wants to spend the extra $100 or so right now to be able to upgrade cheaper later. Seems like the way to go to me.

So basically I really need to try and make mashout and bring a newly modified jockey box to try out.

Now you're thinking! You need to field test it properly.

#44 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16515 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

Didn't mean to sound like an ass. I think equipment purchases are some of the best investments a club can make.

#45 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

Didn't mean to sound like an ass. I think equipment purchases are some of the best investments a club can make.

Not at all. And I agree if we have the money this is something we should definitely spend it on.

#46 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9729 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:29 AM

For that price you can get a 6-pass on ebay.  I dont think that is even all that good a price. 

https://www.ebay.com...=item2a40345792

If you keep shopping ebay, you can find good deals.  I would think you can get a decent one for less than 100 bucks.  Just remember to keep an eye on the shipping because these things are freakin heavy!!  Also, dont necessarily judge them from the outside. They can look horribly battle scarred and be just fine.  There is almost no way to hurt them.

#47 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16515 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

For that price you can get a 6-pass on ebay.  I dont think that is even all that good a price. 

https://www.ebay.com...=item2a40345792

If you keep shopping ebay, you can find good deals.  I would think you can get a decent one for less than 100 bucks.  Just remember to keep an eye on the shipping because these things are freakin heavy!!  Also, dont necessarily judge them from the outside. They can look horribly battle scarred and be just fine.  There is almost no way to hurt them.

I submerged our used pop plates in PBW for a short while then pushed Star San through all the circuits. Came out fine. 

#48 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:19 PM

So for those with cold plates. What do you use for quick disconnect fittings? I'm trying to find the correct ones that thread into the plate (1/2"-16 ffl thread?) and be able to push a normal 3/16" bev line into it. The basic vinyl cheap stuff. Not sure on OD, 3/8"?

#49 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16515 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:09 PM

I used those plastic QD'S attached to the cold plate barbs on each circuit. Only reason was to disconnect the plate to separate the plate from the cooler for easier cleaning. Other options is to use longer tubing or swivel barb nuts. On the hop rocket I added the same plastic QD'S so it's simple to pop it on/off for randal beers.

#50 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:30 PM

Well the cold plate I am looking at has zero fittings, so fresh start. What QD's are you referring to? Was really hoping to find something that threads into the cold plate that is some sort of QD. Just trying to keep costs down of the amount of fittings.

#51 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16515 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:16 PM

Well the cold plate I am looking at has zero fittings, so fresh start. What QD's are you referring to? Was really hoping to find something that threads into the cold plate that is some sort of QD. Just trying to keep costs down of the amount of fittings.

Never seen those. Just threaded fittings to barb or 1/4 swivel barb nut.

#52 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:25 PM

To get through 10ft of 5/16" and the plate it takes a good 18-20 psi. When building these I chose 10ft so there would be plenty of line to stretch to kegs in any situation. In case you were wondering. 

Are you really using 5/16" beer line? Just curious. Most of the cold plates I see have 1/4" tubing inside, I always thought it wasn't good to change diameter throughout the system?

#53 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:25 PM

Are you really using 5/16" beer line? Just curious. Most of the cold plates I see have 1/4" tubing inside, I always thought it wasn't good to change diameter throughout the system?

Bump for some answers. Just curious what size line people are using in and out of the coldplate and length? Seeing that the tubing inside the coldplate is 1/4" wondering if it would be a good idea to maintain that diameter or would that be too small?

#54 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16515 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:30 PM

Bump for some answers. Just curious what size line people are using in and out of the coldplate and length? Seeing that the tubing inside the coldplate is 1/4" wondering if it would be a good idea to maintain that diameter or would that be too small?

Just got home from vacation. I will need to unbury our plates out in the trailer to get pics for you. What is your timeline? 

#55 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:52 PM

Well I am working up a spreadsheet of prices right now to present to my club by the end of the week. I appreciate the help.

#56 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16515 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:07 AM

Sorry for being late getting the pics. These are on the plates for our 10 tapper. We use 2 plates running 5 taps each. Our jockey boxes are setup the same way. We run 10ft of 3/16 x 7/16 Bevflex 200 on the 10 tappers. The plate fittings use the 1/4 swivel barb nuts. You can get plate fittings with barb if you like instead of swivel barb nuts. Not a bad idea since we also use QD's making it redundant. The input and output's have the plastic QD's to make cleaning, break down, and removal of the plate easier. On the jockey boxes we use 10ft of 3/16 x 5/16. Only difference between the two lines is how thick the sidewall are. Inner dimensions are the same. The reason we went to 3/16 x 5/16 is because its a lot cheaper than 7/16. The thinner sidewall has made no difference in durability. We have used and abused these lines with no issues.

We use different colored zip ties from the plate all the way to the beer connects because when dealing with drunk people we have found matching colors to a tap handle works better than a numbering system. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#57 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:46 PM

Awesome, this helps me out and gives me some ideas. Thanks!

#58 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16515 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:31 PM

On a side note. I have a Hop Rocket setup so it can plug and play into the system using the QD's. Then the HR can be inside the cooler on ice and not sitting out getting warm like most Randall's. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users