#21 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:20 AM

I suppose it could be 7pm and I am grilling, run out of propane, go get the brewing tank and find that it's almost empty and then my local store is closed. This is probably what causes DG's OCD but I don't really want to have a lot of additional fuel around for when that inevitable house fire breaks out. :P

on your fancy new weber grill the tank is on a scale so once you empty one or two you'll be calibrated on your scale and know when the grill tank is almost gone.  if it's close I'll actually pull it out early and use it for brewing so that I can empty it, and then go get it filled up at the next convenient time.  it's pretty easy to avoid the both tanks being nearly empty scenario.

Edited by TheGuv, 15 July 2014 - 07:20 AM.

#22 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10544 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

Between my grills, camper and brewing requirements I have 9 20lb. propane tanks. All of which are full or being used. I've never run out of propane. Now that I brew electric I might weed a few out.

#23 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68748 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:57 AM

I have had it happen once, thought my spare was full, it wasn't, quit halfway through boil, took me 15 minutes to run to the hardware for a fill and get back on flame.

#24 johnpreuss

johnpreuss

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • LocationWay Up North Minnesota

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

I have had it happen once, thought my spare was full, it wasn't, quit halfway through boil, took me 15 minutes to run to the hardware for a fill and get back on flame.

Been here, did this!

#25 DieselGopher

DieselGopher

Executive Director of Whatnot and what not

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14104 posts
  • Locationhanging around

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:27 AM

I suppose it could be 7pm and I am grilling, run out of propane, go get the brewing tank and find that it's almost empty and then my local store is closed. This is probably what causes DG's OCD but I don't really want to have a lot of additional fuel around for when that inevitable house fire breaks out. :P

Part of it stems from location. I used to live in the middle of no where, and "just running out quick to get propane" was not really an option. But mostly it's OCD.... ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users