41 replies to this topic

#41 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

I had a Simcoe/Amarillo pale all this past weekend at Mashout. I liked it. I also had an all Mosaic IPA and it was one of my favorites of the weekend.

Nice. This beer is fermenting in the low 60s and it's giving off a lot of citrusy & tropical aromas like Citra might... but it's not Citra really... it's different than that and I like the aroma a lot. I'm starting to amass some recipes where I can use these nice aroma hops late in the boil and it looks like all of these recipes are of the 'pale ale' variety. The Dark & Hoppy wheat beer I made had late Citra, I have an Amarillo-Citra pale ale and now this Mosaic pale ale. I will probably get Nelson back into the groove here shortly too. Cheers Beerheads!

#42 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16523 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

Mosaic Sunshine PA

6 gallons

OG 1.052

IBU 35

76% Fawcett Golden Promise

20% Breiss Red Wheat

4% Baird's Light Carastan 15L

Mash @154F

26g Northern Brewer @60 to 35 IBU

70g Mosaic @165F whirlpool

45g Mosaic Dry Hop

WY1056

So Founder's Brewing put together a limited release SMaSH beer that is very similar to this. Their's is just Golden Promise and Mosaic. I tried some last week and it was a nice beer… if you like Mosaic. Funny enough it seemed to deliver less of that Golden Promise character than my grist above. If anyone wants to know what the taste of Mosaic is, this Founder's offering will give it to you in spades. https://foundersbrew...-artprize-2014/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users