73 replies to this topic

#41 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53994 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

ideal situation would be brewing for an already successful beer pub.  you just make the beer and it is served on site.  that is, it would be ideal if they'd pay me my current salary :lol:

Right... or a restaurant that wanted to expand into brewing and you take care of the brewing while someone else deals with the food. :)

#42 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

Right... or a restaurant that wanted to expand into brewing and you take care of the brewing while someone else deals with the food. :)

yeah - that's what I was going for.  a place that was already serving beer but wanted to start serving something made on site.

#43 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53994 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

yeah - that's what I was going for.  a place that was already serving beer but wanted to start serving something made on site.

It would be cool if someone had a vision for a restaurant/brewery and had the restaurant side down and then called in the expert (TheGuv) and said, "Guv, tell me what you want in your brewery and we'll get it all set up for you to come in and brew..." and then you could deal with the brewing side while someone else had the food side figured out. Then after getting your feet wet that way, ditch all that and open your own place and go to school on all of the things you didn't do right the first time. There, that's the ticket. :P

#44 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

It would be cool if someone had a vision for a restaurant/brewery and had the restaurant side down and then called in the expert (TheGuv) and said, "Guv, tell me what you want in your brewery and we'll get it all set up for you to come in and brew..." and then you could deal with the brewing side while someone else had the food side figured out. Then after getting your feet wet that way, ditch all that and open your own place and go to school on all of the things you didn't do right the first time. There, that's the ticket. :P

I think I'd prefer to win the lottery and start a brewery where I didn't care if I made a ton or any money.  I'd sell on site and have a band of loyal followers - alchemist style.

#45 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

I think I'd prefer to win the lottery and start a brewery where I didn't care if I made a ton or any money.  I'd sell on site and have a band of loyal followers - alchemist style.

Just make sure to pay attention to those pesky laws so you can have your on site sales!

#46 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:28 AM

Actually, at least as of a few years ago the BA showed that restaurants that added a brewery didn't add any profitability. It was a wash. 

#47 aquahijo

aquahijo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, NC

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

The new assistant to Assclown or Heist? I heard Heist just hired a new assistant brewer.

Alexa is the new assistant brewer at Heist. I've given up on butter bombs that Assclown brews.

Edited by aquahijo, 14 August 2014 - 07:44 AM.

#48 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16632 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

Everytime you guys reference Assclown I envision they're beer bottle having a picture of Michael Bolton on it.

#49 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:05 AM

Everytime you guys reference Assclown I envision they're beer bottle having a picture of Michael Bolton on it.

have to add in No Talent

#50 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53994 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:05 AM

Posted ImageI'll say this: If you're brewery name is Assclown, you better make some damn good beer. :P

Edited by KenLenard, 14 August 2014 - 08:06 AM.

#51 aquahijo

aquahijo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, NC

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:06 AM

The line for their merchandise is longer than the line for the beer at the local festivals.

#52 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:07 AM

Posted ImageI'll say this: If you're brewery name is Assclown, you better make some damn good beer. :P

Wow .. I did not realize this was a real brewery. I assumed it was slang for some other place.

#53 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16632 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

The line for their merchandise is longer than the line for the beer at the local festivals.

Well if the margins are higher on their merchandise then maybe it's a brilliant marketing strategy!

#54 ChicagoWaterGuy

ChicagoWaterGuy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3234 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

When you say Michael Bolton I think of this. Love this video :blush:

NSFW words

httpss://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY

Edited by ChicagoWaterGuy, 14 August 2014 - 08:25 AM.

#55 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53994 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:52 AM

Wow .. I did not realize this was a real brewery. I assumed it was slang for some other place.

It's real and we use that term around here enough that I would swear it was someone from here.

#56 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:17 AM

I don't even want to do the brewing...too much work.  My current consulting gig is I write them a recipe, they write me a check and brew the beer!

#57 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

I don't even want to do the brewing...too much work.  My current consulting gig is I write them a recipe, they write me a check and brew the beer!

Damn. Do you work with them on taste eval and modifiaction/customization for their equipment and size?

#58 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68757 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:35 AM

a friend did that for awhile, to feed his brewing habit

#59 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

Damn. Do you work with them on taste eval and modifiaction/customization for their equipment and size?

The recipes are written directly for their equipment and size.  it was kinda daunting at first, but I lucked out and the first one came out great so I knew I was on the right track.  Once I do that, it's up to the brewer to execute them and there have been some problems as he learned the system.  Even when they didn't turn out as intended, they've been pretty good beers getting good reviews and selling well.  Here's a story about him from the local paper....https://registerguar...-to-it.html.csp

#60 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

Alexa is the new assistant brewer at Heist. I've given up on butter bombs that Assclown brews.

So is there anyone from your club going to be brewing there as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users