24 replies to this topic

#21 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53514 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

Funny, I was in Teter-Boisen. Not that thrilled with it at first, but at the time it was one of the few dorms with AC. Had a great assigned roommate. The place grew on me and I stayed there for soph. year too. I say make a special bitter and feature Glacier in it. I'd be willing to bet a lot of people here have used it and will chime in. My understanding is that it was pretty ubiquitous during the hop shortage. I wasn't brewing back then.

Yeah, Glacier, Vanguard, Sterling, Crystal and a few others were "subs" for hops you couldn't get during the shortage. I'm going to try it at some point.My daughter is in Teter-Whissler (did I spell that right?) and there is AC. Thank Jeebus too because it was hot as bawls there this week and uber-humid. I went out on Tuesday evening to grab stuff from the car and I was completely soaked after 2 or 3 trips. The next day the roommate's dad and brother were doing it and they were dripping. My daughter caught up with one of her HS buds while we were there and he said his dorm has NO AC. Ugh. Cheers Friend.

#22 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:18 AM

I just tapped my latest APA and hopped it with Mount Hood for bittering, Mosaic for flavor, and Amarillo for aroma....might be the best hop combo I've tasted in my brews.  Really flavorful and aromatic but no overly citrusy which is a nice change.

Cheers beerdudes!

#23 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53514 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:35 AM

I just tapped my latest APA and hopped it with Mount Hood for bittering, Mosaic for flavor, and Amarillo for aroma....might be the best hop combo I've tasted in my brews.  Really flavorful and aromatic but no overly citrusy which is a nice change. Cheers beerdudes!

Sounds yum. I would expect Mt. Hood, Mosaic and Amarillo to dance harmoniously with each other. Nicely done Mr. Mace!

#24 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9090 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

Yep and I have heard cascade can be rough when used for bittering, is that true?

Not for my tastes.

#25 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68748 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

Not for my tastes.

same

waste of a good flavor hop though