#21 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:22 PM

If your problem was worn knurls, he probably replaced the rollers, if not the entire assembly (is there a way for you to check if the end plates are new as well?).The steel BC uses is a softer grade than most other mills on the market right now. I've had my crankandstein for around 7 years or so. The only wear on the knurls is from rocks that were in the grain and then jammed in the mill while the motor was continuing to go. I've put a good amount of grain through it, though I don't have a solid number to give. I expect my C&S to last decades. I really want to get the 3 roller Monster Mill with 2 inch hardened rollers, but I can't justify that kind of money to upgrade something that still works well.

#22 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16518 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:03 AM

My 3 roller CrankStein is in pieces in a drawer where its been there since it was new. Never could get that thing to work right. Talked with the guy that eventually ditched that company to start Monster and he knew about the issues and gave me some advice to fix it which never worked either. If you remember he had a falling out and that's why he left and started Monster with the correct fixes from the CS. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users