#1 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16515 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:41 PM

Everybody has answered the challenge of posting more stuff that happens to be on our minds since the gauntlet was thrown down awhile back in the other thread. I've really enjoyed what people are saying here lately!

Well done!!

#2 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53902 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:55 PM

Yep, I've noticed a lot more new threads lately. Nice work Beerheads.

#3 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:07 PM

It definitely was the catalyst for me being more active both here and in the garage. I want to contribute, but I've gotta brew to be comfortable doing that. After a hiatus due to life getting in the way, I've brewed twice in the last two weeks with more to come this week.

#4 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16606 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:16 PM

Everybody has answered the challenge of posting more stuff that happens to be on our minds since the gauntlet was thrown down awhile back in the other thread. I've really enjoyed what people are saying here lately!

Well done!!

Couldn't agree more.

#5 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:25 PM

Enough of the circle jerking. Get to brewing! I brewed some Kolsch for my wedding favors this past weekend. I haven't been able to set up any of my lagers yet. Too much shit to do. Got an event this weekend. Catch up on house work, help my mom, help my FIL on sunday. Then I should have a couple weekends to catch up on things. I have to keg the kolsch by the 22nd and bottle it by the 29th. Next weekend I get married and I'll be off to Barbados for a week. Then it's only a couple weeks until Christmas. I'll get some brewing done then if I'm not sequestered for a project at FIL's or my moms. 

It kills me to see all these people going to festivals and beer sharing events at breweries. I just don't have the time for it. I have enough time to brew and that's about it.

#6 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53902 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:32 PM

Enough of the circle jerking. Get to brewing! I brewed some Kolsch for my wedding favors this past weekend. I haven't been able to set up any of my lagers yet. Too much shit to do. Got an event this weekend. Catch up on house work, help my mom, help my FIL on sunday. Then I should have a couple weekends to catch up on things. I have to keg the kolsch by the 22nd and bottle it by the 29th. Next weekend I get married and I'll be off to Barbados for a week. Then it's only a couple weeks until Christmas. I'll get some brewing done then if I'm not sequestered for a project at FIL's or my moms.  It kills me to see all these people going to festivals and beer sharing events at breweries. I just don't have the time for it. I have enough time to brew and that's about it.

After you get married, have some kids. Then you'll have ZERO time for anything and we'll see you in about 10 years when you can brew again. :P For real, congrats on the wedding next week and my best to you and TPW. We were actually thinking of going to Barbados for some winter thawing-out but we went in another direction. Should be AWESOME.

#7 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:49 PM

After you get married, have some kids. Then you'll have ZERO time for anything and we'll see you in about 10 years when you can brew again. :P For real, congrats on the wedding next week and my best to you and TPW. We were actually thinking of going to Barbados for some winter thawing-out but we went in another direction. Should be AWESOME.

I was writing chronologically. Wedding is on the 6th of december. Teh Future Mrs Schwanz doesn't want to have kids for a few more years. That's fine with me. I'm in no rush.

#8 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:26 PM

It kills me to see all these people going to festivals and beer sharing events at breweries. I just don't have the time for it. I have enough time to brew and that's about it.

Going to my first beer fest this Saturday! getting excited . Over 50 breweries , should be near 200 beers and i only will have 15 beer tokens. :frantic:

Congrats on your upcoming wedding also!

#9 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16515 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:15 PM

I feel old. My step son is 31 and my daughter is 23. Both have birthdays in the first quarter next year. I will be 48 in Jan. I do whatever I want to do. Its a beautiful thing. 

#10 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:52 PM

Yup!  Even though it wasn't brewing, the board got me right on top of a DYI project to replace a malfunctioning Ranco.  Whether the pilsner is salvageable is another story, but at least its in a chamber of about 41 degrees after almost 2 weeks at around 68.

#11 realbeerguy

realbeerguy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1974 posts
  • LocationBluffton, SC

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:42 PM

I feel old. My step son is 31 and my daughter is 23. Both have birthdays in the first quarter next year. I will be 48 in Jan. I do whatever I want to do. Its a beautiful thing. 

Old?  Try three grandkids already.  

Remembers when walked to school, in a blizzard,  uphill, both ways.

#12 codemonkey

codemonkey

Ass. Comptroller of Ferthdays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18916 posts
  • LocationMy suburban paradise

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:49 PM

lol. I used that on my little girl this morning, and then I remembered that I took the bus and she actually walks to school :D

#13 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:42 AM

Old?  Try three grandkids already.  

How many miles?  You forgot to mention that it was 10 miles!  LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users