#43 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:25 AM

let the brewing begin!!!

Maybe this weekend! But I am going retro and only using Cascade, Centennial, Chinook and Columbus

#44 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:27 AM

Maybe this weekend! But I am going retro and only using Cascade, Centennial, Chinook and Columbus

it will be delicious.  the 4Cs!

#45 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:35 AM

That sounds good, I wouldn't mind seeing that hop bill. I have never used Chinook and picked up a lb. of them. Would like to use them in a way that they stand out and I can really get a feel for them, but don't necessarily want to do a smash either. Looking for a good hop(s) to blend them with.

#46 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:39 AM

That sounds good, I wouldn't mind seeing that hop bill. I have never used Chinook and picked up a lb. of them. Would like to use them in a way that they stand out and I can really get a feel for them, but don't necessarily want to do a smash either. Looking for a good hop(s) to blend them with.

This one only has a small amount of chinook at 15m, session beer.  I have another recipe that uses chinook and citra throughout, that is very good.  Evil_morty seemed to like it and posted about it.  I think chinook used late can be excellent.

Let me know and I can PM you one or both if you want.

#47 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:39 AM

they go nice with citra.  my recommendation is to not go too heavy handed with them for bittering.  they can be a little much but at the right level they provide something I really enjoy.  for late additions they are excellent and I don't think you need to be as careful.

I think they also work well with other C-hops as drez is doing.

Edited by Evil_Morty, 22 January 2015 - 06:39 AM.

#48 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:46 AM

Well Chinook and Citra sound perfect then. Late additions from both and a neutral hop for bittering I'm assuming. I would be happy to get that recipe to try out. Is this the "drez pale ale" Evil has been going on about?

#49 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:49 AM

Well Chinook and Citra sound perfect then. Late additions from both and a neutral hop for bittering I'm assuming. I would be happy to get that recipe to try out. Is this the "drez pale ale" Evil has been going on about?

it is. chinook is fine for bittering as long as you don't try to get a lot of IBUs out of that one addition.

https://www.brews-br...ut-out-to-drez/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users