5 replies to this topic

#1 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:16 AM

I never liked just sliding the racking tube onto the cane, not sure why but I always found it a PITA.  Now I do not have to bother with it, I put a flair fitting on my racking cane so it will be easier for me to swap between the hoses for filling a single keg, multiple kegs or transferring from one vessel to another.

httpss://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-0u_TJGnqwWo/VImY-QcYVZI/AAAAAAAAGcE/pUPB5Bhd3KM/w464-h525-no/3.jpg

#2 ChicagoWaterGuy

ChicagoWaterGuy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3234 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:53 AM

Cool... but it's a lot of bits to clean and sanitize. 

#3 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:57 AM

Cool... but it's a lot of bits to clean and sanitize. 

Seeing I push sanitizer from the keg through my racking cane before I keg and have the hoses in a bucket of star san I do not see it being any issue.

#4 ChicagoWaterGuy

ChicagoWaterGuy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3234 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:03 AM

It should be fine. I worry about threads and stuff not getting completely clean/sanitized. I probably go to far. I disassemble all the parts on my Blichman conical and pressure steam all the fittings.  :tinfoil:

#5 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:26 AM

It should be fine. I worry about threads and stuff not getting completely clean/sanitized. I probably go to far. I disassemble all the parts on my Blichman conical and pressure steam all the fittings.  :tinfoil:

I have to look at it really good but I am not sure how much internal thread will be touched the way it is set up.  Nice part about SS is you can easily boil it.

#6 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16515 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:16 AM

Nice work. I could use something like that. I sometimes will jump from one sanke to another using my TC caps. I currently just use a short piece of hose and clamps. This is a much better connection. 

My sour beer transfers I use the brass hydraulic QD's on everything which works ok too.

Edited by BlKtRe, 11 December 2014 - 08:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users