Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

This is a kick ass pork recipe.

1/2 cup peeled, slivered fresh ginger

1 1/2 lbs boneless country style ribs (or in my case I typically use pork loin and add a little oil to the recipe)

2 TBS red curry paste

1/4 cup brown sugar

2 1/2 cups water

2 tsp ground turmeric

2 tsp soy sauce

1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots

2 TBS minced garlic

1/4 cup fresh lime juice

put the slivered ginger in some warm water.

cut up the pork into ~1" cubes and mix it with the red curry paste and brown sugar.  cook this in a dutch oven on medium heat until you've brown the pork slightly and rendered some of the fat (15 minutes).

put in water, turmeric and soy sauce.  bring to a boil and then simmer, uncovered for about an hour or until the pork seems tender.

add in ginger and soaking liquid, shallots, garlic and lime juice.  leave on the heat for about 5 minutes.

taste and adjust salt if needed, adjust lime juice or sugar if needed to get the balance right.

serve over jasmine or similar rice.  AWESOME!! :frank:

#2 Darterboy

Darterboy

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1949 posts
  • LocationVestavia Hills, Alabama

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:06 AM

Tested and APPROVED. Used the Mae Ploy again. Simmered covered for the first 1/2 hour to tenderize the pork, then uncovered to reduce and thicken the sauce. I think I put the ginger in too much water and made the whole thing a little too soupy. Will adjust next time.

Family happy but whined about the spiciness.Lots of leftovers for me!

#3 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:35 PM

Tested and APPROVED. Used the Mae Ploy again. Simmered covered for the first 1/2 hour to tenderize the pork, then uncovered to reduce and thicken the sauce. I think I put the ginger in too much water and made the whole thing a little too soupy. Will adjust next time.

Family happy but whined about the spiciness.Lots of leftovers for me!

yeah - the original recipe wasn't clear on the amount of water.  I use a minimal amount.  What was surprising about this is that most of the heat comes from the ginger which is an interesting change of pace.  glad you enjoyed it :cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users