#1 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:02 AM

I feel like as of late I've been trying to post more in the beer forum.  It's been accomplishing very little in terms of traffic I guess.  I don't really feel my opinions are particularly valued and that's okay.  I'm getting limited value from the beer forum in general save a few members at this point and I can just PM them as needed.  So someone else can take up the posting slack (if it even matters).  Later.

#2 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:05 AM

Sorry to see you go.  I thought we have had some good discussions here.

#3 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:09 AM

Sorry to see you go.  I thought we have had some good discussions here.

it's not a ban on myself posting.  I just don't see the point these days so I doubt I'll be doing much.  In the old days I'd want to do this to the PH but never the beer forum.

#4 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16515 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:31 AM

I value your input. Please don't stop posting.

#5 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:34 AM

I don't think it's you Mr. Evil.  I think maybe we're all sorta busy and the posting has been a little low and/or drab.  Don't give in dude.  I know my posts are less than stellar but hey at 50 batches, I'm a noob.  I appreciate the camaraderie on this site and much of the great input and advice.

Head over to NB's forum for a reality check. That place has lost its luster IMHO.  Posts like, "Which way does the rubber bung fit into the fermenter?"  Or, "Can grain be milled by cutting it with scissors?" 

:)  

Oh yea and what BiKtRe said too

#6 Mynameisluka

Mynameisluka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24773 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:37 AM

i tend to lurk much more than i post in the beer section, especially since life has forced me to take a hiatus from brewing for the past year or so. however, i plan on brewing my first batch in the new house asap after we move in a couple of months from now. in the meantime, i still enjoy reading here and learning new tips or new ways of thinking about things, and you are one of the posters here that frequently makes me stop to ponder and think about the process of brewing. keep on keeping on, dude.

#7 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16606 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:00 AM

Yeah not sure what this is all about but less participation isnt going to help this place. You, along with Drez and Brauer are the ones that usually get this place rolling in the morning. Lets just talk beer.

#8 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:31 AM

Sorry you feel this way but you bring a lot to this forum and you opinion is very much valued in my book. If it wasn't for people like you this place would be dead. No it's not the most active here. But I feel if I post a question it will get answered along with more info than I needed which is good. You are a heavy DIY'er and that is awesome and exactly that type of stuff I want to read.

#9 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:36 AM

Sorry you feel this way but you bring a lot to this forum and you opinion is very much valued in my book. If it wasn't for people like you this place would be dead. No it's not the most active here. But I feel if I post a question it will get answered along with more info than I needed which is good. You are a heavy DIY'er and that is awesome and exactly that type of stuff I want to read.

This.

#10 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16515 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:59 AM

This.

+1

#11 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53902 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:08 AM

I apologize in advance for being blunt but I don't understand the issue. This is a hobby-based board and traffic-flow is not guaranteed. Many people have priorities that will almost always come before posting here. I value the opinion of everyone here but the truth is that not every thread is relevant to me so I may not post in it. I also don't think that you can try to intentionally improve traffic by talking about every single thing that happens to come to mind. I'm not sure that is doing anyone any good. If I have something to ask, I ask it here. If I come in here to look if there are new topics and there are none, I leave. If there are new topics that don't really apply to me or I have nothing productive to add, I don't respond. The traffic here varies and I think we've all seen that first hand.

#12 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:21 AM

I apologize in advance for being blunt but I don't understand the issue. This is a hobby-based board and traffic-flow is not guaranteed. Many people have priorities that will almost always come before posting here. I value the opinion of everyone here but the truth is that not every thread is relevant to me so I may not post in it. I also don't think that you can try to intentionally improve traffic by talking about every single thing that happens to come to mind. I'm not sure that is doing anyone any good. If I have something to ask, I ask it here. If I come in here to look if there are new topics and there are none, I leave. If there are new topics that don't really apply to me or I have nothing productive to add, I don't respond. The traffic here varies and I think we've all seen that first hand.

Facebook

Btw; well said Ken

#13 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:11 PM

i just felt like i was putting in the effort and not getting much back in the way of anyone really listening or much new information for myself.  i'll still be around.  if i see something i can really help with i'll speak up.  don't worry gang.

#14 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16606 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:41 PM

I still think the real issue is lack of traffic not lack of interest in what you have to say.

#15 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:52 PM

There is quality traffic here tho.  For the most part.....

#16 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16515 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:55 PM

Quality topics.

#17 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53902 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

Quality topics.

I have always said this about this board. If it weren't true, I might hang out somewhere else. There is a good group of seasoned people here so you can bounce around some very good information without the hassle of every other post being by some newbie cowboy. But you can't control traffic and not all threads are going to apply to all brewers. Sometimes the 10 most recent threads have nothing that interests me so I don't contribute. Morty, I think you're taking something more personally than it needs to be. No one is leaning on you to increase beer forum traffic and you should not be stressed about it. At certain times, there are a lot of new threads in here and other times you can hear the crickets chirping. We really have no obligation to change that trend.

#18 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:41 PM

Morty, I think you're taking something more personally than it needs to be. No one is leaning on you to increase beer forum traffic and you should not be stressed about it.

This. I simply haven't had much to say lately.

#19 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16515 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:00 PM

This. I simply haven't had much to say lately.

Hard to talk when old age takes your teeth.

#20 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53902 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

Hard to talk when old age takes your teeth.

:smilielol: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users