#1 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

I'm looking to get a single tap tower. All stainless fittings and faucet. Anyone have leads on discounted new stuff?

#2 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16515 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:08 PM

Wouldn't that be sweet. Anyhow our club bought a used SS 10 tapper with glycol circuit plates behind each faucet off eBay years ago. I think we paid around $500 for it. Other than eBay I'd pay attention to restaurant/bar auctions in your area. A few of our members have scored some awesome stuff doing that.

#3 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:09 PM

If you are not apposed to chrome, micro matic has one on clearance for about $52.

#4 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53927 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

At beveragefactory.com, the chrome single is $58 and the SS single is $80. When you guys look at chrome, do you immediately think "chrome" and that you can tell the difference? I know the SS would be more durable and probably more cosmetic but I'm not sure I would be as interested in the material of the tower as the general look and feel of it (and what was coming out of it). I agree that eBay might be where you find it the cheapest.

#5 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:22 PM

At beveragefactory.com, the chrome single is $58 and the SS single is $80. When you guys look at chrome, do you immediately think "chrome" and that you can tell the difference? I know the SS would be more durable and probably more cosmetic but I'm not sure I would be as interested in the material of the tower as the general look and feel of it (and what was coming out of it). I agree that eBay might be where you find it the cheapest.

Just speaking for me and not the OP but I agree.  I would care more about the shank and faucet and less about the tower.  But I know how it is when you get your mind set on something and nothing else will do.

#6 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53927 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

Just speaking for me and not the OP but I agree.  I would care more about the shank and faucet and less about the tower.  But I know how it is when you get your mind set on something and nothing else will do.

I think the one I had was "chrome" and I think it may have been a little flimsier than what an SS tower would be like. Schwanz, what are you going to do with the tower and... I forget... how do you dispense beer at the moment?

#7 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16515 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:06 PM

Sounds like part of the barrel kegerator project.

#8 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53927 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

Sounds like part of the barrel kegerator project.

Oh, right. So here's what you do... make the straps that go around the barrel black and then get the El Cheapo black plastic tower but get a nice faucet for it. Save money and get everything to match too!

#9 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16515 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:38 PM

My El cheapo black plastic double tower looks nice in my original mini fridge conversion.

#10 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53927 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:48 PM

My El cheapo black plastic double tower looks nice in my original mini fridge conversion.

I would totally get one. Sitting on top of a small black fridge, that would look nice. I'm sure that if it was in the kitchen or something I would want something a little nicer-looking but black certainly has its place. Seems like it was always the least-expensive option.

#11 Steve Urquell

Steve Urquell

Hot Loader

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3874 posts
  • LocationOzarks

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:30 PM

Schwanz, I picked this one up just b/c I wanted the regulator awhile back. It's never been used. I don't have much in it. I'll sent it to you for some local beer trade in whatever value you place on it.Posted Image

#12 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16515 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

Bam. Brew-Bros strikes again!

#13 Big Nake

Big Nake

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53927 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:42 PM

Seriously. Good stuff, Chils.Rich, you can't get much cheaper than "some local beer".

#14 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:35 PM

What a great place!

#15 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:40 PM

Though I appreciate the thought, unfortunately I need 10 of these so far. I have a few bars interested in the barrel kegerators, and several people as well. So I'm gonna build them and sell them. I won't make much on them. The consensus was that they wanted good hardware on it. So towers and faucets need to be stainless. If this was just a personal project then I'd be more than happy to use whatever I could get my hands on.

It's gonna cost me about $1000 to make each one. One that I'm piecing together won't cost as much because I have a lot of the materials, I'm giving it away to a good friend because it's the guinea pig one. The rest of the pieces will be purchased. I'll probably sell the others for about $1200. I'm not looking to make a business out of this, but I ought to have some cash to help pay some bills at the end. I'm limiting it to 10 because thats all I think I'll have time to build in the next 6 months. I gotta day job and other shit to do.

#16 Steve Urquell

Steve Urquell

Hot Loader

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3874 posts
  • LocationOzarks

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:43 PM

No worries mang. I thought it was a personal project. I'd e-mail an online supplier and ask for a bulk discount.

#17 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:59 PM

No worries mang. I thought it was a personal project. I'd e-mail an online supplier and ask for a bulk discount.

Thanks though, that's awesome of you to offer!

#18 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16613 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:19 PM

Though I appreciate the thought, unfortunately I need 10 of these so far. I have a few bars interested in the barrel kegerators, and several people as well. So I'm gonna build them and sell them. I won't make much on them. The consensus was that they wanted good hardware on it. So towers and faucets need to be stainless. If this was just a personal project then I'd be more than happy to use whatever I could get my hands on.

It's gonna cost me about $1000 to make each one. One that I'm piecing together won't cost as much because I have a lot of the materials, I'm giving it away to a good friend because it's the guinea pig one. The rest of the pieces will be purchased. I'll probably sell the others for about $1200. I'm not looking to make a business out of this, but I ought to have some cash to help pay some bills at the end. I'm limiting it to 10 because thats all I think I'll have time to build in the next 6 months. I gotta day job and other shit to do.

Like brew more beer!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users