Photo
- - - - -

Exciting new opportunity, need your help.

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#21 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9729 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:37 AM

Subscribed.

#22 brewguy

brewguy

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4410 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:33 AM

Who is your competition? I guess I can Google around, but are there some other brew related vlog sites that are similar to what you have in mind. Didn't Los do some beer related videos?

#23 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:34 AM

Brewing Network would be direct competition. We are going to focus on local beers and breweries though, which really we have no competition at this point. Just some blogs that offer up a few paragraphs from time to time about a release, but hardly anything in depth. We hope to change that.

Honestly, my goal is to produce three episodes. If we can do that then we might be able to do more, maybe not. Either way it will have been a neat project to work on. Something I've never done before for sure.

#24 StankDelicious

StankDelicious

Comptroller of BigBossMan

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14017 posts
  • LocationMarylandistan

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:19 PM

I've been tossing around the idea of putting together a brewing vlog about tampa's/floridas brewing scene. Frankly I'm surprised no one has done it yet.

Well I've been throwing this around for the last year or so and finally I have a chance. My buddy works for a production company and they just spent $40K in equipment for doing things like this. They gave their guys carte blanche to use the equipment, but use the company name to spread it around the community. The company is not brewing related. I wanted this guy in on the project because he has and can do all the internet and server stuff to make it possible. I just want to do it so I can get access to all the awesome brewers in the area.

So we've got corporate sponsorship and professional equipment. We're going to try to put together the first episode for youtube for Tampa Bay Beer Week, the first week in march. It's a huge week long series of events. So we'll have no shortage of material.

We need a name though. I was thinking keep it local like Tampa Brew News, except if we go past local it won't make as much sense. So help me find a name.

Cheers,

Rich

Craft Brew Scene

#25 brewguy

brewguy

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4410 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:34 PM

Brewing Network would be direct competition. We are going to focus on local beers and breweries though, which really we have no competition at this point. Just some blogs that offer up a few paragraphs from time to time about a release, but hardly anything in depth. We hope to change that.

Honestly, my goal is to produce three episodes. If we can do that then we might be able to do more, maybe not. Either way it will have been a neat project to work on. Something I've never done before for sure.

I couldn't find any video on BN. The closest thing I found were a few vids from Brewpublic, httpss://www.youtube.com/user/BREWPUBLIC/videos.

#26 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:02 PM

I couldn't find any video on BN. The closest thing I found were a few vids from Brewpublic, httpss://www.youtube.com/user/BREWPUBLIC/videos.

It's a podcast. But it's in depth and lots of good info. BrewingTV would have been a competitor, but they stopped making episodes. Chop and Brew would be another, but again, none of these focus on the Tampa area or even FL, which is where we'll start. If we have the capability to branch out and go to other destinations then that would rock out, but I'm not holding my breath.

#27 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

Just shot the first episode at Rapp Brewing in Pinellas Park. This was really fun to do. I'm looking forward to helping edit and get the first one in the can! Gonna do one more before Tampa Bay Beer Week, and then another on Tampa Bay Beer Week. I'll post the out take cut here when it's ready.

Cheers!

#28 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:54 PM

so will we see the final cut when it's all ready?  exclusive brews-bros preview?

#29 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:20 PM

so will we see the final cut when it's all ready?  exclusive brews-bros preview?

Oh yeah, it's going on Youtube. We'll start a facebook page, twitter, twatter, instabeer, or whatever other social media crap we can find and a website for episodes and hopefully some editorials.

We'll make a quick outtake reel first and post it around. I was having a hard time with the intro. Mostly because I hadn't had a beer yet and I was nervous.

#30 brewman

brewman

Canyon Chin King of Chicago

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13080 posts
  • LocationFlorida Everglades

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

Do you do it as a drunk angry pirate.

#31 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

Do you do it as a drunk angry pirate.

To women, yes, on camera, no.

#32 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9729 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:49 AM

Cant wait to see it.

#33 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:43 AM

Cant wait to see it.

Me too! One thing we're contemplating is getting a beer chick (knowledgeable, not just eye candy - basically our own Carrie from mythbusters) to do the show with us. If Cranky was in Tampa she'd be perfect. 

We did have to scrap the "stig" for this episode. We couldn't make the keg helmet in time, and we weren't sure how to shoot it. Also, we're not sure about promoting chugging. Rapp would have been perfect since he has plenty of lower alcohol beers. He has 20 styles on tap and 20 different styles on back up at all times. Awesome brewer and great first episode candidate.

#34 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25574 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:50 AM

Me too! One thing we're contemplating is getting a beer chick (knowledgeable, not just eye candy - basically our own Carrie from mythbusters) to do the show with us. If Cranky was in Tampa she'd be perfect.  We did have to scrap the "stig" for this episode. We couldn't make the keg helmet in time, and we weren't sure how to shoot it. Also, we're not sure about promoting chugging. Rapp would have been perfect since he has plenty of lower alcohol beers. He has 20 styles on tap and 20 different styles on back up at all times. Awesome brewer and great first episode candidate.

Are you doing the program editing? If not, insert yourself into the process. What platform are you using to edit. Do you have experience? It is fun when you get into it. Look to Cralos for professional tips and help. All I know is do not use too many fades/transitions and keep the fonts few and simple.

#35 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:30 AM

Are you doing the program editing? If not, insert yourself into the process. What platform are you using to edit. Do you have experience? It is fun when you get into it. Look to Cralos for professional tips and help. All I know is do not use too many fades/transitions and keep the fonts few and simple.

The camera guy is also the editor. He's currently working for beer. Yeah, Dan (co-host) and I are going to help with the editing obviously, but on a higher level, we're not going to be doing the splicing and sound overs. The camera guy is a pro, so I'm not to worried about the quality, especially since we were using go pros and an $8000 camera for the main discussion shot.

#36 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25574 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:54 AM

The camera guy is also the editor. He's currently working for beer. Yeah, Dan (co-host) and I are going to help with the editing obviously, but on a higher level, we're not going to be doing the splicing and sound overs. The camera guy is a pro, so I'm not to worried about the quality, especially since we were using go pros and an $8000 camera for the main discussion shot.

If the camera guy is an experienced pro, you should not have to about amateur looking final results.Editing is a fun and useful skill to learn. It puts you into heart the of the creative process. It also will help you learn how to shoot better when you know how you will edit it later. If he is working for beer, I bet he would be happy to show the nuts and bolts part of the process. Soak it up. That is if you have an interest in learning the creative process.

#37 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:01 AM

If the camera guy is an experienced pro, you should not have to about amateur looking final results.Editing is a fun and useful skill to learn. It puts you into heart the of the creative process. It also will help you learn how to shoot better when you know how you will edit it later. If he is working for beer, I bet he would be happy to show the nuts and bolts part of the process. Soak it up. That is if you have an interest in learning the creative process.

Absolutely. We have to schedule the second episode yet and then shoot a ton of footage for beer week.

#38 brewman

brewman

Canyon Chin King of Chicago

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13080 posts
  • LocationFlorida Everglades

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:10 AM

Do you do it in front of a live studio audience

#39 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:26 AM

Do you do it in front of a live studio audience

Well I guess yes, if you count the assistant brewers and people at the event.

#40 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:17 PM

httpss://www.facebook.com/watchtopbeer

Facebook page is up! Editing the first episode tomorrow night!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users